Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Bat Shit Crazy Bachmann's upbringing should scare you
Why Bat Shit Crazy Bachmann's upbringing should scare you
Michele Bachmann Was Inspired By My Dad and His Christian Reconstructionist Friends -- Here's Why That's Terrifying
Bachmann's radical right-wing influences include the most extremist figures in the history of the religious right.
August 9, 2011

http://www.alternet.org/teaparty/151960/...errifying/

RELATED:
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: Why Bat Shit Crazy Bachmann's upbringing should scare you
Sounds like she's quite literally Fred Phelps in a skirt.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Why be scared? Why not be more highly, relentlessly and remorselessly motivated to crush any hope the likes of her and any sordid garbage that could find her appealing?
Wow, reading that literally gave me chills down my spine.

On a more positive note though, even my conservative in-laws dislike Bachmann and the rest of the Republican hopefuls. They were staunch supporters of Dubya, so hopefully there are enough people out there like them that can see these people for who they really are. I think that this new form of ultra conservatism is pushing away those that are more towards the center of the political spectrum, and the center is what decides elections.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8858 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6982 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 2087 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4214 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  So....why are crazy leaders always have a funny hair or facial hair? WinterHold 23 3274 July 31, 2019 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1773 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 818 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  This is Why ICE Should Be Abolished Minimalist 2 610 September 13, 2018 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 573 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1568 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37