Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potter to the clay
Potter to the clay
In my apologetic class we are reading te book crazy love by francis chan. It sucks ass. But tommorow we are gonna discuss it. Now chan ususes the passage in the bible which says it is absurd for clay to tell the potter how to shape it. He compares this to our relationship with god saying we have no right to question him an he is free to do as he pleases. Now lets just suppose for a minute this god does exist, doea he truly have the right to treat humans as he sees fit? In my opnion i dont think so. Just because human are capable of feeling and thinking-something clay lacks. However, i havent thought about this in depth. So what are your opnions? Would a divine creator have the authority to do whatever he wanted with his creation? Is it absurd for a creation to question their maker? Again im not saying i believe in a creator i just know this discussion will come up and wanted to see the forums opinion. Thanks.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
RE: Potter to the clay
Does might make right? No.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Is that what the argument is saying? god's might makes right. IVe heard my friend compare it to parental authority. you dont let your kids decide to do whatever they want why would god?
In other words whoever holds the power over another is inherently right. Yes, that's the argument of the clay analogy. Might makes right by invoking an inanimate objects, what a wonderful thing to compare human beings too. Helpful little werewolves aren't they?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nicely put. Made me laugh. This argument always comes up when I bring up the injustice of hell and I never know how to phrase it without sounding like i want anarchy. thanks
See, the way we civilized mouth breathers tend to think about this nowadays; is that if enough decent folk just lock arms, they can withstand even the most powerful despot.

That's for a counterpoint.
I feel so stupid. I had to read that like 8 times to understand it.
Don't be hard on yourself bud, that's trace amounts of cracker comin out as I get a few too many beers into this war between Sae and I.
(August 29, 2011 at 4:34 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Does might make right? No.

Absolutely yes. And if you disagree, i will shoot you Smile

Today's top poster: Rhythm (248 posts)... way to go man. I accept the armistice with you the victor Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Damn she found me. I was gonna sneak a few in to 250. Aight, aight, truce..lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reduced to a Piece of Clay: False Humility and Human Dignity Rhondazvous 63 9943 June 20, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Christians/Theists... why is it that ya'll think Harry Potter "bad" xr34p3rx 86 23937 November 5, 2014 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  16 Reasons Harry Potter is Better Than The Bible Zidneya 14 4959 October 10, 2014 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla