Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNREAL!
UNREAL!
This just kinda blows my mind! I may have found a new hobby!

WATCH THE VIDEO!

Quote:What's insane is how close he comes to the ground at certain points in the flight, and just how freaking fast he's traveling. The on-person camera footage doesn't properly convey the sensation of speed, but check out the part of the video at 1:30—I assume he's trying to grab those balloons—and you'll see what I mean:
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: UNREAL!
Yeah, it's totally awesome. I would like to do something like that to overcome my fear of heights Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's some insane motherfucker in a winged wetsuit!
Please, this guys a pansy. Jo Kittenger and Project Excelsior FTW!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Excelsior

102,800 ft up, 13mins 45sec long, 614mph
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 8, 2011 at 4:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: This just kinda blows my mind! I may have found a new hobby!

WATCH THE VIDEO!

Wow, that's really fast ...

122 miles per hour is faster than the cruising speed of a Peregrine Falcon which is the fastest bird in the world (although during a dive it can travel close to 200 mph).

(September 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Please, this guys a pansy. Jo Kittenger and Project Excelsior FTW!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Excelsior

102,800 ft up, 13mins 45sec long, 614mph

Well I wouldn't call the guy a pansy. Kittenger is bad ass too, but Kittenger didn't have to worry about slamming into a tree or a hillside at 120 miles an hour during his free fall to the ground.

I give more points to this flying squirrel man. christ, he's only feet from the ground
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 8, 2011 at 4:57 pm)Rayaan Wrote: 122 miles per hour is faster than the cruising speed of a Peregrine Falcon which is the fastest bird in the world (although during a dive it can travel close to 200 mph).

Speaking of which there is a gentleman who has taken these birds up in aircraft for drops to give them more altitude to work with. Believe they've been clocked even faster, so their frame is capable of more than what they would achieve under their own power.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!