Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Wasn't Sure If This Should Go Here or
I Wasn't Sure If This Should Go Here or
in Politics.

The fact that it was a close choice speaks volumes.

Andy Borowitz with a Letter From Rick Perry.

Quote: Letter from Rick Perry
Introducing PerryCare™

Dear American,

For the last few weeks I’ve been under constant attack. My opponents would have you believe that if I’m elected, you’ll be stripped of your Social Security benefits and will be scrounging for food in dumpsters with all the desperation of a feral cat.

Of course, that’s true. But what they don’t tell you is what I’d replace Social Security with: an amazing new program I like to call PerryCare™.

Under PerryCare™, you’ll receive all the food, clothing and shelter you need, and it won’t cost a dime in taxes. How if that possible? Simple: you’ll be praying for all those things.

As a PerryCare™ recipient, each week you’ll receive in your email box a PerryCare™ PrayerMail™, giving you an easy-to-recite prayer for the bread, milk, cat food or whatever else you need to survive. It’s like a Groupon from God.

PerryCare™ is more than a replacement for that infernal Ponzi scheme that has bamboozled Americans with regular monthly checks for 75 years. It is part of my larger plan to return prayer to its rightful place in American life. I get down on my knees every night and I promise you, if I am elected your President, I will bring this entire country to its knees.

I expect that some of my opponents will laugh at my plan, especially that lawn gnome Ron Paul and Michele “Crazy Eyes” Bachmann. Fine, let them laugh! Laughter is the best medicine. And if I am elected, there will be no other medicine.

That brings me to my PerryCare™ medical plan, which will replace Medicare once I consign that Ponzi scheme to the electric chair of history. I don’t have enough time to go into the whole plan right now, but here it is in two words: single prayer.

Your next President,

Gov. Rick Perry

http://www.borowitzreport.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you ever? And I am sure everyone has. Brian37 10 1568 October 19, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  I Wish This Wasn't So True Minimalist 0 465 September 7, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Wasn't paying attention to the TV but. Brian37 0 333 August 27, 2016 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  It wasn't Eve's fault. Zidneya 0 467 May 19, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Should most of my posts go here? Violet 6 1910 July 26, 2011 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Violet