Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:45 pm

Poll: I really can't stand it when someone tells me that they hate the world.
This poll is closed.
That wasn't a question... but I agree with the sentiment.
36.36%
4 36.36%
Why the fuck is there a poll? I understand it, sure... but I think they are as entitled to their opinion of the world as you are yours.
18.18%
2 18.18%
Is Saerules trying to talk about values again? Didn't we go over this before? Her values are utterly warped ^_^
27.27%
3 27.27%
Just how long did that take you to write? 0.o You should have stuck the last video first as well. Silly Zia creature Smile
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what you get when you tell me you hate the world :)
This is what you get when you tell me you hate the world :)
[Preface: Wrote it on Facebook... trying to find some rendition of it that doesn't lose the message while still providing the evidence supporting the statements (the music). Tongue Shame we can't footnote/endnote. Ooh... great suggestion. Glad I thought of it.]

I do not despise this world... though it may at times greatly upset me, and often is this world trying. Instead, with a caring hand and a cheerful smile: I work to make this a better place for everyone in life Smile Perhaps satisfaction is fleeting... but I am willing to try for it... for myself and everyone I like and even plenty of those I do not like ^_^

This world could be so much worse... why condemn all that you see to rotting misery? There are always at least a few glowing coals of goodness, happiness, cheer, kindness, love, and other fantastic substances sweeter than candy and far more precious than gold.

There is sadness in the world, yes... but without such pains there can be no appreciation for all that could be pleasing. To regret is to mean that what one had before was all the more fantastic... why not light a lantern when the storm clouds roll in as the sun sets?

Flower is a clown... and while she may not be pretty... and she may not smell divine: she will always try to make you smile. Smile A single smile, whether it be of mirth, sorrow, happiness, weariness, respect, or contentment... it is worth the sea of frowns and boredom. And to smile back to it is to spread this most fantastic agent of bliss.

Without concern for what anyone thinks of a happy girl giving this world her best shot… I shall endeavor to make them smirk at the least. If I have to drag everyone kicking and screaming to placated cheer… then I do so willfully and with determination. Never let the sad ones drag you down… they may seem like a heavy load to take with you on the longest road… but at the end of it you’ll be glad of every one person you do manage to take with you to happiness Smile

A job so colossal is only made easier by more hands and thoughtfulness… anyhow talented or smart they might be. Ne’er let the rabble get to you on such a quest... instead INSPIRE the plebeians and aristocracy alike! Not only do you attract more flies with honey… you entice all manner of goodness to partake in your festival of lovingly aromatic sugar Smile If for no other reason than to make yourself happier: be kind to others. Guilt, and gratitude can cause the worst of people to do reciprocate the best of things.

If you must take no other message to heart than one from this… let it be this one greatest message in the world. No religious text however interpreted, no philosopher who has found the truth, nor any great leader’s electrifying speech: will ever be a more important monologue than this, and the story of transformation on which it is built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpb9EbmvM5M
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: This is what you get when you tell me you hate the world :)
No.

[Image: tumblr_lpmq9jr3ax1qf4pvm.gif]

[/sarcasm]
Well the world is mostly utter shit, and most of that has to do with the human race. That does, however, make the good things that much more enjoyable when contrasted with the overwhelming bad. The key to survival is to concentrate on the good in the world, instead of dwelling on the bad. If I had dwelled too much on the bad things that have happened in my life, I would not be alive right now.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It isn't the world that is shit... It is the god damn people living here.
Cunt
(September 22, 2011 at 4:00 pm)frankiej Wrote: It isn't the world that is shit... It is the god damn people living here.

I'm certain his world is shit...

[Image: DUNG_BEETLE.jpg]
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Quote:I do not despise this world...

Me neither,I love the world,it's just most people I can't stand.

As a species, human beings are aggressive, greedy and stupid,with occasional outbreaks of decency from most. A very small minority are consistently tolerable.An even smaller percentage are actually fun to be around.

Cranky
The college scene here is really easily impressed... I wouldn't know about the number of people grumpy or happy, since a solid third of the people who see me here smile as I walk past.

And almost anyone I flourish to brightens ^_^ I love this superpower... Vaeolet might have actually decided on her career ^_^
I love the planet and the wildlife, including people who acknowledge that we are also wildlife, but its the 'humans' I can't stand. The people who think that we're somehow inherently different from, and better than all other life on the planet.
(September 25, 2011 at 5:31 am)R-e-n-n-a-t Wrote: I love the planet and the wildlife, including people who acknowledge that we are also wildlife, but its the 'humans' I can't stand. The people who think that we're somehow inherently different from, and better than all other life on the planet.

So you should hang out with the people who acknowledge that we are all animals more ^_^

You could hang out with me Tiger
I try to think of myself as an animal on a daily basis. I will sit and eat peanuts out of my hand and be like mmm I totally have seen this before on some primate show.
And when you take a dump... how animal is that, if we were "designed" we wouldn't shit out a pile of stinky matter once or twice a day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1147 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  My HATE Thread! impaler 46 2764 September 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I hate it when I do that... onlinebiker 22 1263 July 15, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 628 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2883 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 732 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1880 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7868 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I don't hate everything my species does. Brian37 17 2649 March 20, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1352 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama