Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlestar Galactica Finale
Battlestar Galactica Finale
OK,

Maybe someone's interested maybe they ain't but I am because I stuck through this for 4 whole series ... now I wonder why?

I've been watching Battlestar Galctica (the reimagined series with Edward James Olmos as Admiral Adama and with humanoid Cylons) and I've been watching the last half of Season 4 which, whilst not dire, was very depressing dealing with a rebellion/mutiny which could, quite frankly, have been covered in one, maybe 2, episodes ... lots of in corridor scenes, person to person stuff and not a whole lot of FX/action. The impression many of us fans were beginning to get was that they were saving their FX for one huge f*** off finale ... a finale I have now seen and, it has to be said, that I pretty much hated!

The following is a summary (SPOILERS, be warned):

In short it was tiresome, it was dull and I wish they had just left them on the shattered “Earth” half-way through the series and I stuck it out (through the dire latter half of season 4) because I figured the last episode HAD to be good ... in many ways it made me wonder why I bothered with the damned series at all.

I asked my friend who watched it with me what he would have done ... simple ....

... and so, my blood-thirsty lust for space action, death & destruction would have been sated and I would have gone home a very happy man.

As it was I couldn't (still can't) see the point of it and in many ways it completely invalidate the earlier much better episodes much like the appalling sequels cheapened the first "The Matrix" film.

Oh well!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale
Alright, sorry about the severe necropost, but this is exactly the title I was going to name a thread and considering that there is only one solitary post in this thread, I didn't feel it would be too terribly offensive.

Netflix has some use ...
I spent the last few weeks watching the entire series of Battlestar Galactica. No, I had never seen even one episode prior to a few weeks ago, and yes, I realize that some of you scifi nerds may now qualify me as a loser.

First, a few points before I get to my primary question ...

James Callis was awesome throughout the series. I loved every moment he was on-screen. What can I say? Gaius Baltar was definitely my favorite character.
The first and second seasons were awesome all-round. The 3rd was so-so and the 4th was too slow.
However, the two part finale was perfectly acceptable in my opinion. I found it to be satisfactory with exception to one thing....

What the FUCK was Starbuck?!?

Kara Thrace was blown out of the sky ... no explanation of where she went.
Kara Thrace was missing for 2 months that she thought was 6 hours ... no explanation.
Kara Thrace finds her own body and even has it DNA tested by Baltar ... no explanation.
Kara Thrace is given a brand new ship with a "magical" homing device ... no explanation.
Kara Thrace's father taught here musical notes as a child that saved Galactica ... no explanation of who her father was or the significance of musical notes. Furthermore, why did the final 5 Cylons hear the exact same music??? Did her musician father teach the Cylons the notes between recording albums?????
Kara Thrace didn't know shit throughout season 4 until suddenly at the end she somehow knew that she was just leaving and her job was done. No explanation.
Kara Thrace disappeared into thin air ... you guessed it, no explanation.

So my question is:

Who or what the FUCK was Kara Thrace?!?

(that was my only real complaint with the series.) [Image: gaiussaywhat.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

Starbuck cannot be a chick. You imagined all of it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
(June 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Starbuck cannot be a chick. You imagined all of it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This from a guy who's dreaming about a myth named cthulhu

I have to admit not watching the entire series, though I have seen a lot of it, out of order.

That being said, the only explanation that makes sense is that she's a Cylon, and the writers couldn't be bothered to tie up a major loose end.

Shit, now I have to go back and watch it in order.
All of you will be slapped for not creating a new conversation and instead dragging Kyuu's old post from the grave.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Holy crap. Over 3 years later... Big Grin
(June 12, 2012 at 1:27 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: All of you will be slapped for not creating a new conversation and instead dragging Kyuu's old post from the grave.

I figured you all owed Kyuu at least one lousy response. Tongue

I started watching it, then they moved it to fucking sky.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Battlestar Galactica fans here? Lemonvariable72 6 1059 May 2, 2014 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Discovery backs down over Frozen Planet finale popeyespappy 10 2543 December 7, 2011 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Lost Finale - Spoilers Hidden Paul the Human 24 5157 May 29, 2010 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: WingedFoe