Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition: Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm
Petition: Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm
Arguably this shouldn't be in the science section but I chose to put it here because it portrays itself as science (and we all know what "science" is to creationists).

Quote:Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm (NAZF) is a zoo just outside Bristol that markets itself to schools and is heavily focused on child education.

However, instead of teaching well-established science, it promotes creationism.

The literature displayed at the zoo is hostile to Darwin and his theories and attempts to debunk techniques such as radio carbon dating and interpretation of the fossil record.

Much of this literature - which is presented as fact - contradicts science on the national curriculum, thereby actively damaging a child’s education. This can be evidenced on their website; however, this is much diluted compared the ardent creationist material on display at the zoo.

NAZF also uses the VisitBritian logo to market the zoo.

The stated aim of VisitBritain (Britain's national tourism agency) is to market Britain worldwide and to develop England's visitor economy.

By promoting the NAZF, with its creationist agenda and harmful educational materials, VisitBritian is damaging the reputation of the United Kingdom.

Sign the petition here (and spread the word please): http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/NoCreationistZoo/

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: Petition: Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm
You must be a British citizen or resident to sign the petition so I can't. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I were allowed.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refuting Creationist Claims - Part 1: Noah's Ark RonaldReagansGhost666 23 10779 February 13, 2013 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Search: E. coli death linked to strawberries from Oregon farm Judas BentHer 1 896 August 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BBC: Zoo Chimp 'Planned' Stone Attacks Kyuuketsuki 0 1184 March 10, 2009 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki