Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MMORPG
MMORPG
Hey,

I was interested in finding out if anyone here plays any MMORPGS.
Not completely sure what it stands for but it's an Online game, In which you interact with other people. PvP "player vs player" or PvM "player vs Monster" and Other stuff

I play Ultamia Online and would like to no if any here play it or have played it.

Also I very much dislike World of warcraft and its Fairy land graphics. Sad
2012 end of the world? Better live it up and follow christianity. JK
RE: MMORPG
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, the s is lowerscase as it pluralises the acronym.

I used to play Ultima a long time ago, ran a server but, it ate my bandwidth like a cookie. Now I play Eve Online where I am the director of a medium sized PvP corporation that trains new players to the game in the more complex tactics and play styles.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
I did the 2 week trial of World of Warcraft but I didn't like it that much to invest in it. Now a GTA MMORPG would be a great idea I think. Everyone in a supersized Vice city or Liberty city.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I've play just about every MMORPG out there: Last Chaos, CoH, WoW, Ultima, Zomg, Nationstates, and WarringFactions (and the list goes on). Honestly I dont know what you guys have with WoW, game play isnt teh haxor, but it wastes time masterfully (in my opinion thats the sole reason for playing MMO's)
I think WoW is amazing game and I would probably be playing it except for the fact that it is a huge time-waster. MMOs are great, they just end up requiring huge time investments to get into it. Then again, like what you said Earthwarden, sometimes the timewasting factor is the whole point.

Anyone played Runescape before?
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft. Not any more though.
Anyone played Runescape before?
[/quote]

Yeah, Runescape was the frist MMO I played. At like age 10 it was my frist experience with addiction. It really isn't bad for a non download game. The pvp needs a ton of work tho.
(April 1, 2009 at 2:07 pm)Demonaura Wrote: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, the s is lowerscase as it pluralises the acronym.

I used to play Ultima a long time ago, ran a server but, it ate my bandwidth like a cookie. Now I play Eve Online where I am the director of a medium sized PvP corporation that trains new players to the game in the more complex tactics and play styles.

Never heard of eve I looked it up on google and it looks a bit different. How much is the montly fee?
2012 end of the world? Better live it up and follow christianity. JK
Yeah Runescape was such a highschool game. The PvP sucked.. but it was fun spending 10 hours a day to mine a bit of coal to get one piece of armour. Not hugely interactive that Runescape Wink
Just checked Eve Online, apparently it's 14.95/month with a one off 5 dollar fee when you begin.

The screenshots look amazing.

[Image: 08n.jpg]
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
(April 6, 2009 at 9:39 am)athoughtfulman Wrote: Yeah Runescape was such a highschool game. The PvP sucked.. but it was fun spending 10 hours a day to mine a bit of coal to get one piece of armour.

Yeah, there was a bunch of us, at about the age of 12 that got addicted to it Big Grin... until school filtered the website Sad

I play WoW quite a bit now

Eve looks cool, but I game mostly on my laptop since I'm a student living away from home, and I'm not sure it could handle it...
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
MMORPGs are very time consuming, if you can't play a game at least 5 hours a day there's no point in starting to play it because it will take a long time until you will reach a high lvl, i'm a casual gamer, i used to play 9dragons and now i play a little of requiem when i have time
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MMORPG's & Online Gaming Kyuuketsuki 15 4886 September 9, 2009 at 4:46 am
Last Post: UpNorth