Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So All the Star Wars Quoting Wasn't for Naught...
So All the Star Wars Quoting Wasn't for Naught...
http://www.livescience.com/16541-origina...unded.html

But could they pull an X-wing out of a swamp?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: So All the Star Wars Quoting Wasn't for Naught...
When I introduce Latin to students, I usually use Yoda to show how early Indo-European languages work. The general rule of thumb for golden age Latin word order is SIDAV: Subject, Indirect Object, Direct Object, Adverb, Verb. Mind you, the verb contains the subject when it is not nominally expressed.

Cool stuff, summer.
Trying to update my sig ...
My Latin teacher wasn't so enlightened.
The power of the SIDAV he did not have.
She - and she cared more for the fact that I could read Hebrew than anything else.

No Star Wars quoting for us - I spent it sitting next to a hot Latino who quoted Princess Bride at me instead. Wink
Ut velis.
(October 14, 2011 at 11:52 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: She - and she cared more for the fact that I could read Hebrew than anything else.

No Star Wars quoting for us - I spent it sitting next to a hot Latino who quoted Princess Bride at me instead. Wink

I dont think it means what you think it means

I am the dread pirate roberts......

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Among other things. He's a sweet boy. Lives in Cali now, still friends. Married a beautiful blonde. I was terribly fond of him at school. We were penpals for the longest time after he graduated - real handwritten letters while he was at the Naval academy.

I don't have a lot of luck with lovers, but I do have some pretty bang-up friends. They keep me going. He made that entire sham of a class bearable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek theory Won2blv 10 956 June 24, 2023 at 6:53 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something Star Trek Missed onlinebiker 44 3528 May 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Scientists detect mystery radio signal from nearby star Foxaèr 20 3589 August 13, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Seven temperate terrestrial planets around the nearby ultracool dwarf star TRAPPIST-1 pocaracas 52 7162 February 25, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  do you think that things will be like star trek one day? atheist04330 75 12860 August 16, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Rank the top best scientists of all time. Of all time. [so far] Autumnlicious 28 9785 October 5, 2012 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope