Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek theory
Star Trek theory
Hello all

I have a thought about this Star Trek movie I watched today. It is the one where they search for Spock. The thought I had is that I have a deep mistrust of anything that the media depicts as far as what we can be. I was thinking about Spock being sent to planet "Genesis" and it also kind of reminded me of the Battlestar Gallactica finale. I thought to myself, what if this Star Trek movie was a depiction of the body life that flew here from another part of the universe? Amino acids and the such.

Then that got me thinking about the singularity theory where the universe was nothing but an extremely hot condensed piece of matter the size of a marble. I was thinking about if we humans will ever develop space travel technology that would be interstellar. My belief is that scientists have known for a long time that it is practically impossible. Of course, since we can conceive it, does that imply that it is possible? Not necessarily because the conception doesn't factor in the time needed to travel such great distances. However, interstellar space travel obviously has occurred in beings because of the stars we use to live in.

This is the part where I get curious. I believe that scientists have conjectured that it is more than likely that intelligent life has evolved all over the universe, however, intelligent life always reached a point of singularity where their host planet couldn't provide the energy needed to sustain the life form. I assume that scientists make this claim because of the assurity that aliens would have been here by now.

So is this true that interstellar space travel is practically impossible? It seems humans are on pace to use up the supply of the available energy needed to sustain our lives, is this a universal principle that inevitably leads us to destroy all life on the host planet?

I for one believe that if aliens evolved on other planets and interstellar space travel is possible, then we'll all evolve the technology at the exact same time. But it seems like the Star Trek theory is that us humans are already travelling through interstellar space because of all the different sectors of the universe that we came from. Like all intelligent beings evolve to a pinnacle of technology that costs them their lives because they end up using way more energy than they can reproduce, but then after their host star supernovas, the residual matter connected to their lives gets transported through space on asteroids looking for any point of contact.

I for one have faith in the future of quantum physics discovery. It seems like the key to discovering the truth about interstellar travel comes down to understanding the quantum universe
RE: Star Trek theory
The universe of IF is an eternal one. The possibilities are endless in this imaginative mind universe. The reality, however, is likely more mundane than what we can imagine.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Fiction is fictional.
Maybe Won is here to teach us how to develop transparent aluminum.
Swooshed me.
So bad it wasn't even wrong.
(June 17, 2023 at 11:14 pm)Tomato Wrote: The universe of IF is an eternal one. The possibilities are endless in this imaginative mind universe. The reality, however, is likely more mundane than what we can imagine.
Yes, you can make shit up.

No, it probably won't be very interesting.
(June 17, 2023 at 11:06 pm)Won2blv Wrote: Hello all

I have a thought about this Star Trek movie I watched today. It is the one where they search for Spock. The thought I had is that I have a deep mistrust of anything that the media depicts as far as what we can be. I was thinking about Spock being sent to planet "Genesis" and it also kind of reminded me of the Battlestar Gallactica finale. I thought to myself, what if this Star Trek movie was a depiction of the body life that flew here from another part of the universe? Amino acids and the such.

Then that got me thinking about the singularity theory where the universe was nothing but an extremely hot condensed piece of matter the size of a marble. I was thinking about if we humans will ever develop space travel technology that would be interstellar. My belief is that scientists have known for a long time that it is practically impossible. Of course, since we can conceive it, does that imply that it is possible? Not necessarily because the conception doesn't factor in the time needed to travel such great distances. However, interstellar space travel obviously has occurred in beings because of the stars we use to live in.

This is the part where I get curious. I believe that scientists have conjectured that it is more than likely that intelligent life has evolved all over the universe, however, intelligent life always reached a point of singularity where their host planet couldn't provide the energy needed to sustain the life form. I assume that scientists make this claim because of the assurity that aliens would have been here by now.

So is this true that interstellar space travel is practically impossible? It seems humans are on pace to use up the supply of the available energy needed to sustain our lives, is this a universal principle that inevitably leads us to destroy all life on the host planet?

I for one believe that if aliens evolved on other planets and interstellar space travel is possible, then we'll all evolve the technology at the exact same time. But it seems like the Star Trek theory is that us humans are already travelling through interstellar space because of all the different sectors of the universe that we came from. Like all intelligent beings evolve to a pinnacle of technology that costs them their lives because they end up using way more energy than they can reproduce, but then after their host star supernovas, the residual matter connected to their lives gets transported through space on asteroids looking for any point of contact.

I for one have faith in the future of quantum physics discovery. It seems like the key to discovering the truth about interstellar travel comes down to understanding the quantum universe

Hello!

Yes, I too, have liked reading/watching Sci-fi for ages.

From the British stuff, the classics, and American and European productions.

However, there are a LOT of ideas there you've put forwards. Which one might you want to focus on?

Interplanetary travel is going to be hard for a while until all the needed infrastructure is developed. Kind of like how road  trips were 'Hard'  back before lots of investments happened in 'Freeways' etc. (Though rail interconnectivity is something most Europeans take more for granted and is a similar thing)

Going 'Interstellar' is only a magnitude of propulsion issue. (I semy joke).

Looking forwards to further discourse with you.

Cheers.
My own Star Trek theory is that I'd enjoy the films more if they came with an R18 rating.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
They had nudity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something Star Trek Missed onlinebiker 44 3577 May 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Scientists detect mystery radio signal from nearby star Foxaèr 20 3607 August 13, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Simulation Theory according to Dilbert Neo-Scholastic 110 15066 May 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Intelligent Design as a scientific theory? SuperSentient 26 5993 March 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Seven temperate terrestrial planets around the nearby ultracool dwarf star TRAPPIST-1 pocaracas 52 7211 February 25, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Simulation Theory Documentary Neo-Scholastic 25 5459 August 30, 2016 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  New theory on how life began KUSA 19 3683 March 3, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  New theory on Aboigenesis StuW 11 3727 February 26, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  do you think that things will be like star trek one day? atheist04330 75 13054 August 16, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory? Walker_Lee 51 9751 May 14, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Simon Moon