Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELL YEAH.
HELL YEAH.
Sorry, this thread is mostly a self pat on the back.
But I was recently confronted with "A Practical Man's Proof of God" on facebook; courtesy of a "concerned family member".

I ruthlessly tore into the bad science, bad logic, and hypocrisy it is rife with. I have a 3,000 word note dedicated to that little pamphlet for all of my theist friends to see. It's basically a sign that says "don't fuck with me using bad science; I know my stuff."

Okay. Thank you for listening.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ7QA6UraSubYrmCW4YJp...Sax3cLx1iQ]
RE: HELL YEAH.
I just wish Christians would finally realize they have no proof of God's existence and realize that they rely on faith. Then we'd be one step closer to having them leave us alone, once they realize we don't believe things based on no evidence.

It just gets annoying day after day when they use bad arguments, false science, and flawed logic to try to prove that their god exists.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I completely agree with you, DT. Simply saying, "I rely solely on faith. I have no evidence." would garner far more respect from me.
You know, what really surprises me is that these people are willing to say that all the laws of conservation of mass and energy would have to be voided for something to come from nothing, and yet, they still maintain that God did exactly that. In order to be in any way consistent, they'd have to completely discard science, even the disciplines that they don't already reject by denying evolution.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Well that's fairly typical of them.

"Something couldn't have come from nothing. First there was nothing, then God just spoke the universe into existence."
"The universe couldn't have always just existed because everything has to have a creator. God, who always existed, made it."
"There's no way we could have evolved from rocks. God created Adam from dirt."

Since when have they ever been consistent?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Post yer note!
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I second what Dotard said. Don't just brag about how awesome you are, show us the proof motherfucker! Otherwise I don't believe you Wink
(October 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm)Shell B Wrote: I completely agree with you, DT. Simply saying, "I rely solely on faith. I have no evidence." would garner far more respect from me.

I been sayin it for years! [Image: BigSmile.png]
[Image: Evolution.png]

You're a winner in my book, Cin. It really is a very honest position to take.
(October 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm)Shell B Wrote: I completely agree with you, DT. Simply saying, "I rely solely on faith. I have no evidence." would garner far more respect from me.

I have to say, Shel, that I'd still think they were fucking morons but at least we wouldn't have anything to argue about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11378 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Yeah, Right! chimp3 3 738 January 15, 2017 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cloning Jesus??? Fuck yeah! The Reality Salesman01 21 7700 July 18, 2013 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris