Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worthless degrees at some Christian universities.
Worthless degrees at some Christian universities.
This is a very funny video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC8QyC3tOMo

Christian colleges and Universities are very expensive. Some have very strict admissions -high GPA, etc. I suppose getting a degree in divinity isn't so bad (the right type of college for the right occupation) but I have difficulty wrapping my mind around spending so much money on an education that leaves you ignorant of so many things -the theory of evolution for one. What's more is that some universities offer a degree in Creation "Science".
RE: Worthless degrees at some Christian universities.
Degree from christian "university" can't be said to be worthless, at least not to the wallets of those who knows how to leverage that into a vile meal ticket as a "pastor" at some loathsomely money grubbing evangelical megachurch. Some of those degrees have been exchanged for Rolls Royces and private jets that came at the expense of the meals of the children of the "flock".

One of the less loathsome ones I've encountered felt it necessary to explain to his congregation why, while he is asking them to donate $1000 a month to the church (in Vacaville, California), God told him it was right for him to buy a Porsche in exactly the yellow color he wanted.

Jerry Falwell. Lynchburg. Nuff said.
^ Truth. Drive through there on my way back up to Mum's several times a year. Scary place.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 1, 2011 at 11:17 am)Chuck Wrote: Degree from christian "university" can't be said to be worthless, at least not to the wallets of those who knows how to leverage that into a vile meal ticket as a "pastor" at some loathsomely money grubbing evangelical megachurch. Some of those degrees have been exchanged for Rolls Royces and private jets that came at the expense of the meals of the children of the "flock".

One of the less loathsome ones I've encountered felt it necessary to explain to his congregation why, while he is asking them to donate $1000 a month to the church (in Vacaville, California), God told him it was right for him to buy a Porsche in exactly the yellow color he wanted.

Ok You win, I concede to your argument. You are right. It is a good financial investment. For me to do it I might have to have some sort of surgery (which doesn't exist but possibly could be done) to disconnect my amygdala from my prefrontal cortex and become a psychopath. One that can do horrible things to other people because he does not have the ability to feel empathy -to feel the pain that he has inflicted on other people.

Oh, and If I get the surgery I want to eat a lot of bad Mexican food and be like this guy....the farting preacher. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1hqfC0l5Pg

I love that video!

There's several different videos floating around of him farting. They must be so easy to make because he makes those funny faces.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 1, 2011 at 9:56 am)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: This is a very funny video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC8QyC3tOMo

Christian colleges and Universities are very expensive. Some have very strict admissions -high GPA, etc. I suppose getting a degree in divinity isn't so bad (the right type of college for the right occupation) but I have difficulty wrapping my mind around spending so much money on an education that leaves you ignorant of so many things -the theory of evolution for one. What's more is that some universities offer a degree in Creation "Science".
If they don't have engineering faculties, they are worthless, really.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(November 1, 2011 at 4:08 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: There's several different videos floating around of him farting. They must be so easy to make because he makes those funny faces.

Robert Tilton (a.k.a the farting preacher) is a fruitloop.
(November 1, 2011 at 4:10 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: If they don't have engineering faculties, they are worthless, really.
I go to Columbia College Chicago and they don't have engineering faculties. Is that worthless, then?

At any rate, it's not that kind of college. Like, if you want to simultaneously be a writer/artist/whatever right-brain activities you might think of and go to Chicago, then Columbia's a good place. If, however, you just want to learn to be a good, ignorant, Christian, and think that one hour a week isn't enough, then go to one of those Bible Colleges.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Argument from Degrees contradictory to the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics? FlatAssembler 49 2154 June 26, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Belacqua