Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birds are such amazing animals...
Birds are such amazing animals...

'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Birds are such amazing animals...
Aren't they awesome?

I opened my laptop this morning to discover that high-me had decided that Owls were really cool. I had over 20 opened tabs relating to them. Wink
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Totally awesome orogenicman!!

And they do that just for fun?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
So beautiful it almost brings tears to one's eyes.
They probably do have fun doing it, but I think it is a precursor to their annual migration. What an awesome aerial dance, eh?
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(November 4, 2011 at 8:41 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Aren't they awesome?

I opened my laptop this morning to discover that high-me had decided that Owls were really cool. I had over 20 opened tabs relating to them. Wink

Man, after reading that last night, I went and looked up loads of shit about owls... Amazing. Cool creatures.
Cunt
Awesome video of Dinosaurs Orogenicman. Big Grin
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PLEASE: birds, bees, flowers and trees! Haipule 24 2612 January 6, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Cooperation and moral behaviour in animals abaris 1 742 November 16, 2014 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How smart are birds? little_monkey 30 4910 May 20, 2014 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Animals Inspiring Ultrasound Development thesummerqueen 0 902 November 14, 2011 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Such A Promising Headline and Minimalist 8 2095 April 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  It's Fucking Amazing Tiberius 30 12884 February 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13