Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Fucking Amazing
It's Fucking Amazing
Ok, so this is a thread where you can post pictures of things from science that are (to quote Eilonnwy) "Fucking Amazing". Starting with the original:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=242]

I add:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=247]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=252]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=249]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=250]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=251]

Add your own. I use this site to make the "motivational poster" type images. I also realised I seem to prefer images from cosmology over anything else, but you have to admit, they are fucking amazing. Any images from science are acceptable though Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: It's Fucking Amazing
okay:

[Image: whiteis.jpg]

6 years and Dino still hasn't melted.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
[Image: 219192_962_1228285832481-spion1.jpg]

GFP-MAP4 protein (green) en chlorofyl (red) in a plant cel caught in one shot.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
[Image: motivator2eef0e69c1ab8f88cc2077fa1e469d54ec10d588.jpg]
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
[Image: eye-macro-photo-11.jpg]
Gecko eye.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
Looking at that,I just had a thought (no really) About 'irreducible complexity'

Could the an equal argument be made: Complexity such as that found in say the eye or the platypus is exactly what one would expect from chance. Nature is more like Heath Robinson than Da Vinci. All that is needed is for a thing to work.

Surely an intelligent designer of all things would produce elegant simplicity? Or am I simply arguing from personal incredulity? Oh well,tit for tat,which is all intelligent design merits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Heath_Robinson
Eat this! Massive black hole at center of distant galaxy unleashes cataclysmic energy amounts:

[Image: blackholejetshires.jpg]

it even amazes when you're not fucking!
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Black hole doing what it does best..

[Image: blackholeeventhorizon.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
What is really amazing to me is that almost all of those images are amazing from more a creationist perspective than a scientific one. Most of them have nothing to do with science other than science may have observed them.
(February 6, 2010 at 5:24 pm)David Henson Wrote: What is really amazing to me is that almost all of those images are amazing from more a creationist perspective than a scientific one. Most of them have nothing to do with science other than science may have observed them.

And understood them, and predicted them, and explained them in rational terms that do not require the presence of an omnipotent creator existing outside the realms of space or time.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Needs Fucking God Minimalist 1 714 May 30, 2016 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  And nary a fucking ark to be seen.... Minimalist 23 4736 August 14, 2014 at 2:42 am
Last Post: OfficerVajardian
  Simply Fucking Sad...Part 2 Cato 53 7593 February 25, 2014 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Simply Fucking Sad..... Minimalist 23 3917 February 19, 2014 at 9:39 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Birds are such amazing animals... orogenicman 6 2409 November 7, 2011 at 8:10 am
Last Post: leo-rcc