Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello ^_^
Hello ^_^
So I have been lurking on this forum for a bit of time and finally decided to come out of the wood-work. To keep a long story short I became an atheist roughly 3 1/2 months ago or so and have been growing into it stronger ever since.

I classify myself as agnostic atheist for further clarification and so people don't automatically assume certain things etc. Anyway I came to where I am at through a lot of thought, reading of ideas, etc. Figured I would introduce myself. Oh and the sect of Christianity I belonged to was the Church of Christ.

It was because of websites like this etc that I was able to gather and analyze information more quickly and so I am very grateful that communities like this exist. So.... Hello ^_^
RE: Hello ^_^
hello and welcome to the community, feel free to jump into a discussion you find interesting.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Congratulations. You are now thinking! It's not so bad, huh? I like it.

Anyway, welcome to AF.

Smile

Hi Voltaire from the "Land Down Under" and Welcome to our corner of sanity. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I just looked up Voltaire. I had no idea that this name was similar... I didn't intend for that but now that I notice... I like it Tongue I forgot to mention something else... I am currently still attending college at a conservative Christian school named Freed Hardeman University but I graduate in May. I will say this though, I do enjoy the business program here.

I will enjoy spending eternity screaming with you all in Hell if we end up there some day Wink

The most important thing though... Is Hell a dry heat or a wet heat? If I wanted to cook a brisket until it fell apart normally I would do 350 degrees for four hours. However with the uncertainty of Hell's temperatures I am somewhat fearful of ruining the meat. I was thinking of trying to smuggle a meat thermometer past the angelic guards...and ideas how I can pull that off?
(November 8, 2011 at 3:12 am)Voltair Wrote: I just looked up Voltaire. I had no idea that this name was similar... I didn't intend for that but now that I notice... I like it Tongue

I will enjoy spending eternity screaming with you all in Hell if we end up there some day Wink

The most important thing though... Is Hell a dry heat or a wet heat? If I wanted to cook a brisket until it fell apart normally I would do 350 degrees for four hours. However with the uncertainty of Hell's temperatures I am somewhat fearful of ruining the meat. I was thinking of trying to smuggle a meat thermometer past the angelic guards...and ideas how I can pull that off?

ROFLOL You'll be fine here

I do like Voltaire...

You go to heaven for the climate and Hell for the intellectual company Wink see you there mate Thumb up
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Well if you want to piss God off choose to have a good time in Hell. He may just cast me into oblivion for my shenanigans. I know he will if I manage to get my letter to him... I am going to apply my business communication, a class I am taking this semester, skills here with a routine request letter. Well it would be a routine request claim here on earth but I am going to keep it as one anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------
Yahweh
Creator of the universe
333 Trinity Godhead Lane
33333 The Throne, Heaven

Dear Yahweh:

Please fix the Hell's A/C unit.

The A/C unit that is installed here in Hell appears to not be working. The populace here has repeatedly tried to contact the customer service department but we could not find any information on how to do so. There are also some other issues the residents are having here and those issues are enclosed.

As occupants of Hell we look forward to our continued relationship with you.

Sincerely,

A roasting soul

Enclosures

ROFLOL

Don't bother..the bastard doesn't even answer his emails or his facebook account! :S

You ever hear the joke of the guy who went to heaven and he and god personally ate tuna fish and crackers whilst they watched everyone in Hell eating all manner of fantastic banquets?
Hi and welcome,

I see you named yourself after my favorite pinball machine.
[Image: cirqu_bg.jpg]
Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
No Leo, it must be after this! Big Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPM

Welcome Voltaire to AF, hope you enjoy your stay here! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5989 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3646 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates