Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giza pyramids
Giza pyramids
Apparently they're going to build a replica of the egyptian pyramids. I haven't found anything on this, has anyone else? From what I hear they're going to try and do it in 20 years using the same techniques.
RE: Rebuilding the egyptian pyramids
It would be 10000 people wasting 20 years of their lives.
RE: Giza pyramids
That should be a poke in the eye for the ancient alien fucktards.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 10, 2011 at 12:54 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: That should be a poke in the eye for the ancient alien fucktards.

You just reminded me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQFrNbqNRxI
Why on earth would someone want to do this? I don't get it.
binnyCoffee
I haven't heard anything about another attempt at this. Given the state of Egypt today it makes little sense to think that a project of this magnitude could be begun.

In the 70's there were a couple of attempts made by Nissan engineers and later from Waseda University.

I found this summary of the latter attempt.

Quote:"Indeed, Japanese engineers from Waseda university, who built a scale model of the Great Pyramid, estimated that it would have required over a thousand years to build the Great Pyramid. "

(November 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm)binny Wrote: Why on earth would someone want to do this? I don't get it.

Because no one has a fucking clue how it was done.
Well, you never know, Min - Lew did say that the solution to a nation's problems was to make everyone build a big-fuckin'-thing. And then they're distracted because they're too busy building it, or going over to see it...
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I haven't heard anything about another attempt at this. Given the state of Egypt today it makes little sense to think that a project of this magnitude could be begun.

In the 70's there were a couple of attempts made by Nissan engineers and later from Waseda University.

I found this summary of the latter attempt.

Quote:"Indeed, Japanese engineers from Waseda university, who built a scale model of the Great Pyramid, estimated that it would have required over a thousand years to build the Great Pyramid. "

(November 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm)binny Wrote: Why on earth would someone want to do this? I don't get it.

Because no one has a fucking clue how it was done.

I'm not sure if it's correct but I read that the pyramids were built in about 20 years. It would be a really interesting if they did give it a shot.
Quote:I'm not sure if it's correct but I read that the pyramids were built in about 20 years.

We actually had a good discussion about this a while back so, in the interest of not repeating things go check this out ( but please reply in this thread, not the old one.) We want to keep the mods happy.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-8552-pos...#pid179703
Thanks I'll check that out. Can I ask, why did the japanese engineers say that it would have taken a thousand years to build the pyramids? It's meant to have been 20, isn't it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pyramids/Face of Cydonia and Tubes on Mars fuckass365 13 15875 May 18, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Cyberman