Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life lessons from Rev. Rye
I've decided to write some "life lessons" and I've been serialising them on my blog. There are about 227 of them written down so far, but I'll put a few of them down on this forum. Be forewarned that many of these lessons get dark and downright insane. Just be prepared to take them with a grain of salt so you can enjoy.

Here are the first 25:

1.Never underestimate the possibility that both sides of a given conflict are beyond redemption.
2.Very few charities will accept sperm as a donation, even if it is worth more than they've raised all day.
3.There is no such thing as “The Song that Ends The Earth,” so quit trying to write it.
4.Using rabies to go back in time to become your entire male line of ancestors only works in Chuck Palahniuk novels.
5.Using rabies to go back in time to become both your entire male and female line of ancestors doesn't even work in Chuck Palahniuk novels.
6.None of Van Morrison's songs have actual lyrics.
7.Jumping into the shark tank at the Shedd Aquarium is a bad idea, especially when you're nude and fully aroused.
8.Stephenie Meyer will never allow a spin-off to Twilight where Bella dies and Edward and Jacob bond over drinks and realise how much they've been wasting their times with her to exist.
9.Do not expect people to agree with you that Thirty H's is one of the great short stories of all time, right up there with “A Good Man is Hard to Find,” “The Overcoat,” “Hills like White Elephants,” and “A Perfect Day For Bananafish.”
10.It was not Aquinas who said that the best things in life were “to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.”
11.The stars and planets do not heave through the void just to be “skewer't bypon ourn fagpoles.”
12.No matter how similar their shows are, HLN will never combine Jane Velez-Mitchell's and Nancy Grace's shows into one show called “Two Hours' Hate.” That would make too much sense.
13.Whenever you are in a hurry, the hounds of Hell will come to do everything they can to slow everything down.
14.Do not expect to be able to get a vegan to eat meat.
15.This goes triple if you've baked somebody who wronged them into a pie.
16.The Olsen twins will never sign on to a remake of Dead Ringers with themselves in Jeremy Irons' roles.
17.Doing a bad Billy Conolly impression somehow causes people to understand you more than speaking normally. Nobody knows why.
18.80% of all transvestites are heterosexuals. Don't expect anyone to acknowledge this fact.
19.Some people are sexually attracted to anything, whether animal, vegetable, or mineral, many of whom are Dwarfs.
20.Drilling a hole in the ground and humping it does not count as having sex with the planet Earth.
21.“Devourer of Worlds” is not a title that you can add to the end of your name.
22.Do not expect to be able to get away with saying anything is against your religion if you just created it.
23.There is No Spoon.
24.Do not claim that you have come up with things that cause David Lynch to scream like a little girl until you've actually met him.
25.No matter how much you may think your life sucks, there is always somebody who has it worse. His name is Christian W. Chandler and he lives in Ruckersville, VA.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Life lessons from Rev. Rye
stfu... There is definitely a fucking spoon.
Cunt
#26 Do not attribute to malice or conspiracy that which can be explained by indifference,incompetence or stupidity.

# 87.5 :Never eat more than you can lift' (Miss Piggy)

#154 Never play poker pool with a person who has the same first name of a city or state.(me)

#155(b) Mrs Murphy's corollary; Murphy was an optimist

#162: Hell hath no fury like vested interest masquerading as moral principle.
(November 12, 2011 at 9:12 pm)padraic Wrote: Hell hath no fury like vested interest masquerading as moral principle.

Clap Clap Worship Clap Clap

so fucking true ... I mean ... just SO fucking true.
[Image: Evolution.png]

227. There is no god.
#1009 If it looks like a [x], if it smells/walks/talks/behaves like a [x], then it probably is a [x]

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

And don't eat the canapés if it looks like they're staring at you
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(November 13, 2011 at 8:30 am)Zen Badger Wrote: And don't eat the canapés if it looks like they're staring at you

Or has prawns in, I hate prawns.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 13, 2011 at 8:30 am)Zen Badger Wrote: And don't eat the canapés if it looks like they're staring at you

In fact don't eat anything if it is still staring at you :S

(November 13, 2011 at 8:37 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Or has prawns in, I hate prawns.

I quite like prawns and other crustaceans ...the questions is do THEY like me?? Dunno

Molluscs I might have a tissue with Smile
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Never eat anything which you cannot identify or which is moving.(does not apply in China)Cool Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lets assume we learned the lessons of the Gabrielle Giffords shooting downbeatplumb 2 1094 May 29, 2011 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Some WTF moments from Rye. Rev. Rye 4 2894 July 12, 2010 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye