Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am An Atheist
I Am An Atheist
Greetings:

I've been lurking here for a while, and I decided to, finally, post my greeting.

I have been atheist since, approximately, 1985-1988. I need to state the range of time, there, as it was a process of becoming an atheist rather than *just* deciding that I was an atheist.

As I had moved at the time, it wasn't too hard just *be* an atheist. No former acquaintances hassling me with anyone wondering what is happening or anything like that.

Well, in September of this year, I had a stroke. Now, my atheism is firmly intact. However, I've gotten a bit scattered and I cannot argue effectively anymore. So, I'm just a, generally, non-argumentative atheist. For now.
Don't listen to me.
Don't agree with me.
Don't argue with me.
Just humor me!
RE: I Am An Atheist
Welcome aboard.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Welcome Kevin. You should take care around the hot females around here. They take no prisoners!! Big Grin
(November 20, 2011 at 4:54 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Welcome Kevin. You should take care around the hot females around here. They take no prisoners!! Big Grin

they shoot them to prevent a drain on their resources.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Howdy! Welcome to AF.

wow, you ARE a long time lurker.

WELCOME!
[Image: Evolution.png]

I wonder what the FSM would be doing right now......
[Image: 2mng3dz.png]
Hi Kevin! Welcome to AF Smile
That will never hold up in court...
Sup, Kev.
Cunt
Welcome to the forums! I am sure that you will find good company here.

I don't think many people just become an atheist; there is often a transition era. I had one too.