Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello again, my old friends.
Hello again, my old friends.
It's been close to two long years since I've last come here, a young boy scared half witless by a hostile (and, upon retrospect, fatally self-contradicting) comment. Heck, every time I receive one of those "We miss you!" emails, my mind goes back to that day, confronted by brutal negativity...

..but I'm back, a completely new person. I've developed new theories, new ideas, new beliefs and new principles. I'm proud to say I'm no longer the easily-bruising peach that I was, and that, perhaps, overcoming that fear had taught me the greatest lesson yet. As Churchill said, "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life".

So hello to everyone, especially those who've already greeted me the first time (heh)! Hopefully this forum hasn't lost the amicable atmosphere I so loved~

And dare I say this: may we have good times ahead of us. (:

~We, the atheist, in creating a purpose for ourselves where there was none, are greater than God himself.~
RE: Hello again, my old friends.
I obviously did not know you, but I shall embrace your return.

Welcome back, homes.

I'm looking for new recruits for the Church of the Yogage if you are interested... You get to beat up a nun in a sack every Thursday night, great fun. I recommend it to all.

Yoga-Lord ftw! Thumbs up for excrement-free yoga mats.
Cunt
Thanks! Feels good to be home (:

Whoa whoa, beat up a nun!?

COUNT ME IN.
~We, the atheist, in creating a purpose for ourselves where there was none, are greater than God himself.~
(November 28, 2011 at 7:46 am)Azazylix Wrote: It's been close to two long years since I've last come here, a young boy scared half witless by a hostile (and, upon retrospect, fatally self-contradicting) comment. Heck, every time I receive one of those "We miss you!" emails, my mind goes back to that day, confronted by brutal negativity...

..but I'm back, a completely new person. I've developed new theories, new ideas, new beliefs and new principles. I'm proud to say I'm no longer the easily-bruising peach that I was, and that, perhaps, overcoming that fear had taught me the greatest lesson yet. As Churchill said, "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life".

So hello to everyone, especially those who've already greeted me the first time (heh)! Hopefully this forum hasn't lost the amicable atmosphere I so loved~

And dare I say this: may we have good times ahead of us. (:

Welcome back to the Atheist Forums
undefined
Here's hoping you last longer this time. Tongue Welcome back.
I don't know who you are yet...

So I get to meet you ^_^

Eunuch meat is delicious.

I robbed a deli.

Absconded with some deluxe ribs.

"The music almost died away ... then it burst like a pent-up flood;
And it seemed to say, "Repay, repay," and my eyes were blind with blood.
The thought came back of an ancient wrong, and it stung like a frozen lash,
And the lust awoke to kill, to kill ... then the music stopped with a crash,
And the stranger turned, and his eyes they burned in a most peculiar way;
In a buckskin shirt that was glazed with dirt he sat, and I saw him sway;
Then his lips went in in a kind of grin, and he spoke, and his voice was calm,
And "Boys," says he, "you don't know me, and none of you care a damn;
But I want to state, and my words are straight, and I'll bet my poke they're true,
That one of you is a hound of hell. . .and that one is Dan McGrew.""

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174349
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
WB

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hi Azazylix,

(November 28, 2011 at 7:46 am)Azazylix Wrote: It's been close to two long years since I've last come here, a young boy scared half witless by a hostile (and, upon retrospect, fatally self-contradicting) comment. Heck, every time I receive one of those "We miss you!" emails, my mind goes back to that day, confronted by brutal negativity...

Out of curiosity, what might that have been? The threads you've started were on Twilight vs the Bible or something like that and another topic about Angels and Demons from Dan Brown as far as I can tell and they didn't seem very hostile to me.

Quote:..but I'm back, a completely new person.

Good, someone told me that happens anyway every decade or so. Wink

Welcome back, and I hope you stick around longer this time.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Nice to meet you...

P.S. - Im the one who shit all over frankiej's yoga mat.
(November 29, 2011 at 9:23 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Out of curiosity, what might that have been? The threads you've started were on Twilight vs the Bible or something like that and another topic about Angels and Demons from Dan Brown as far as I can tell and they didn't seem very hostile to me.

Heh I think it was in response to a reply of mine on a different thread. On hindsight it really wasn't that cataclysmic but, as you can imagine, it was nonetheless quite traumatizing for me back then x:

(November 29, 2011 at 9:23 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Good, someone told me that happens anyway every decade or so. Wink

Welcome back, and I hope you stick around longer this time.

Heheh apparently so! Thanks (:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hello again WolfsChild 12 1324 August 23, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello again i guess? SlowCalculations 8 930 May 31, 2019 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Hello (again)! siouxdax 10 892 June 17, 2018 at 4:31 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Hello again... Napoléon 25 5422 February 28, 2018 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Hello again Bahana 8 1227 August 15, 2017 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Again! Michael Schubert 9 1326 September 8, 2016 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  hallo friends! isingthereforeiam 18 2622 May 2, 2016 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Joods
  Hello all of my new logical thinking friends! lezbehonest 52 5919 August 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3187 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hello again Jacob(smooth) 81 9293 April 10, 2014 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda