Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyrim jobs for all.
Skyrim jobs for all.
I don't know if anyone has read this, but it is hilarious.

I almost died.

http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-skyrim-...maneuvers/
Cunt
RE: Skyrim jobs for all.
Love this bit

"Once the player has decided if they want to be a female wood fairy or an black ogre from Stormwind, they get to take control of their hell spawned fictitious demon."

I'm left wondering whether or not they've pondered the implications of something "hell spawned" being fictitious.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That was pretty damn funny.
(November 28, 2011 at 10:50 am)Rhythm Wrote: I'm left wondering whether or not they've pondered the implications of something "hell spawned" being fictitious.

It was satire.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Was it? Poe's law.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well, I wasn't sure either so I googled the website and the whole thing is satire.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Lol you guys got trololololed
(November 28, 2011 at 10:50 am)Rhythm Wrote: Love this bit

"Once the player has decided if they want to be a female wood fairy or an black ogre from Stormwind, they get to take control of their hell spawned fictitious demon."

I'm left wondering whether or not they've pondered the implications of something "hell spawned" being fictitious.
I thought that was odd as well. I was wondering if they thought gays believe demons exist, and were trying to reinforce to the reader that they do not. If God exists, why not demons?

(November 28, 2011 at 6:24 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Well, I wasn't sure either so I googled the website and the whole thing is satire.
That makes sense. I figured something was amiss when they called Skyrim "MMORPG first person shooter". Even though at first glance it may seem like those things, no... They just got that horribly wrong. They just don't know what they are talking about...
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife