Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hi everyone,

Nice site you've got here. I hope won't mind me lurking around for a bit while I peruse some threads and decide if I want to become a 'regular'. As the subtle "religious views" descriptor states, I'm a Christian (and happy to take any necessary flack for that!). Primarily, I'm here for amicable discussion about worldviews - not simply atheism versus theism, but also more wide-ranging comparison of theistic and atheistic worldviews. That is probably too much of an idealistic goal for joining a forum, but it'll have to do!

Since this is in "Introductions" I should probably share some things about me. I am 24, recently married, living in the South of England and currently in-between jobs working part-time for the church before we move to pastures new next August for my wife's work. I love reading and writing, and walks that end at a pub with decent ale on tap (any other type of walk is simply deficient).

That's plenty for now; happy to answer any questions/interrogations.
RE: Hi
Welcome...

Grr, another Englishman to take up my time here...
Cunt
Welcome. I don't believe in gods, and do take a lot of flack for that, but I do so happily and proudly. (Considering the sources)

Wow a xtian in England! Do you know fr0d0?

Hehe

fr0d0 lives in Wales, m'dear... Or at least I think he does.
Cunt
Welcome to the rebellian against god, my friend.
We dont' believe in him, so we can continue our hedonistic nightmare of gay marriage and abortiosn for all to show our hatred toward god. Although we spurn your belief, you're welcome to join our christmas-smashing campaign in whoville, our crusade against public prayer in Christian America, and my personal pet project of welcoming Sharia Law into Kansas legislatures.

However, I think we need the most help in covering up the messy business of climate-gate. Those heroic christian republicans are on to us and destroying our interests in the Climate Change and Soylindra scams. However, I think we're making the most headway in destroying capitalism with the occupy moviements. We just hate America so much.

I'm TheDarkestOfAngels, I was possessed by the devil at 11 and I'm still being told to do things by the voices in my head. I live in the holy land of Texas, where Jesus first proclaimed his love of guns and high-fived Ronald Reagan. Naturally, I frequently work with the ACLU, democrats, muslims and gay people. We have to keep their agenda going, after all.

Anyway, good luck and happy posting!
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Omg, TDOA!

That's hilarious!

Haha, yeah, that is pretty, pretty, pretttttyyyyy good.

I only skimmed it the first time, but now that I have actually read it, I am amused.
Cunt
Welcome................
Quote:but also more wide-ranging comparison of theistic and atheistic worldviews.

Worldview?

I suspect you'll find that we agree that "god" is a childish concept; a holdover from mankind's superstitious and ignorant past.

On other issues you'll find that we fight like cats and dogs among ourselves because there is no such thing as an atheistic "worldview."

You see, my friend, we have no preachers to tell us how "god" expects us to think.
(December 3, 2011 at 9:00 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Wow a xtian in England! Do you know fr0d0?
We are something of a rare breed, it has to be said!

(December 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm)frankiej Wrote: fr0d0 lives in Wales, m'dear... Or at least I think he does.
This makes it rather unlikely, then. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Christians in Britain satisfy 'two degrees of separation' - so you never know!