Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the Hell is a Curiosity?
What the Hell is a Curiosity?
I'll tell you what a curiosity is...

It's the BEST! DAMN! MARS EXPLORATION ROVER! THERE EVER WAS!
And boy it's going to fuck Mars a new science hole with its nuclear-powered jack-hammering science-cock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1coV7XqE1M&feature=g-u
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
RE: What the Hell is a Curiosity?
I bet the Republicans want to sell advertising on the side panels?
What will such advertisements say? "Don't believe it if this vehicle finds evidence of Martians who never heard of Jesus?"
The repubs wouldn't dare touch it.
I wasn't kidding when I said it has a nuclear-powered jack-hammering science-cock. (It's powered by the same sort of generator that powers voyager and voyager 2) as well as a jack-hammer-like tool that lets it bore into rock to study the contents.

So, they felt so inadequate next to it, that they'd green-stamp whatever the hell it wanted to do and thank it for the privlege right after it punches them in the face and gets lucky with their wives.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stay tuned for news from the NASA's Curiosity Mars rover Anomalocaris 9 7257 November 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The latest from Mars rover Curiosity Jackalope 1 1856 August 30, 2012 at 1:48 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Mars science laboratory Curiosity set for lift off popeyespappy 7 3275 November 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious