Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay tuned for news from the NASA's Curiosity Mars rover
Stay tuned for news from the NASA's Curiosity Mars rover
Curiosity mission director John Grotzinger appearently told NPR that the rover has made a discovery in a soil sample "for the history books", that will would rewrite "what we know about the universe".

NASA is otherwise tight lipped about what it is while the sample is being retested.

Let's hope the hyperbole is about more than perhaps just some new atomic element or unusual mineral.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...overy.html
RE: Stay tuned for news from the NASA's Curiosity Mars rover
I look forward to hearing what the discovery is... Hmmm... I hope it's not something we would try to mine/exploit.
The xtians are lining up for a shit hemorrhage already, I bet!
(November 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm)festive1 Wrote: I hope it's not something we would try to mine/exploit.

That might rewrite "how we pay for the universe". But seems to me to hardly rewrite "what we know about the universe".
I was just about to comment on this, but I see that the article has beat me to what I had in mind:

Quote:But the simple fact Grotzinger is willing to talk so openly (and excitedly) about the possible discovery in light of the past let downs would seem to suggest he has a good deal of confidence that it will hold up to further testing.

That's the first thing that occurred to me, that this announcement seems like a sign that whatever this turns out to be is at least something they're pretty certain about. I wonder what it is? I bet the Mayans knew about it; the projected "several weeks" sounds suspiciously close to the end of the world that's coming up...

Whatever it does turn out to be, I feel somewhat proud that an instrument called SAM found it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Holy shit! An image was leaked from NASA....

What does this mean?!?
For christians any revelation that life exists which couldn't possibly have heard the "good" news of the "messiah" must indeed pressage the very end of the world.

Big Grin

(November 20, 2012 at 7:08 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Holy shit! An image was leaked from NASA....

What does this mean?!?

Bugs bunny lost?
So what was the news then?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

*translation: 'One/some of the transactional analyses has/ve gone wrong but if I exagerate the erroneous findings to the media now, I can make loads of money out of this once I'm fired'

Update:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...ntire.html

Turns out it was the media doing the exagerating. Quelle surprise.
Sum ergo sum
Well, fuck. Now xtians can clean their underwear and think that they and their god dodged another bullet.

Damn reporters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NASA is launching humans again Fake Messiah 34 2841 May 27, 2020 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Life on Mars is looking tempting. ignoramus 40 6101 December 6, 2019 at 6:06 am
Last Post: ThinkingIsThinking
  Moon is part of Mars Anomalocaris 79 6532 June 17, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Mars Yonadav 36 2071 February 19, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Body Of Water Discovered On Mars A Theist 4 945 July 26, 2018 at 6:32 am
Last Post: A Theist
  NASA denies mars child slave colony Zen Badger 22 5972 July 2, 2017 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mars? jem304eyer 86 18579 January 21, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Wink Ted cruz to oversee nasa?! Jacob(smooth) 31 7380 January 17, 2015 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  NASA Study Concludes When Civilization Will End, And It's Not Looking Good for Us Gooders1002 9 3757 March 22, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Mars Mission in Jeopardy Rahul 10 4302 October 8, 2013 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman