Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
Losty your "where do you find these people" comment on the Facebook post I mentioned, above, cracked me up.

Why, on Facebook, of course! hehe
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 23, 2016 at 3:14 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Losty your "where do you find these people" comment on the Facebook post I mentioned, above, cracked me up.

Why, on Facebook, of course! hehe

That guy was so offended too lol. And when I read his response I couldn't stop laughing because all I saw was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxs0Qh72kY&app=desktop
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I can't believe how passable Janet Mock is, it's unreal. she's so beautiful

And she's being doing this activism work for a long time too, before it was fashionable. Caitlyn Jenner can stick her "bravery" award, there's much better role models for trans people out there.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(April 18, 2016 at 2:34 am)robvalue Wrote: I have had a lot of thoughts about this whole discussion:

http://youtu.be/JWyj-EcDkNY

Wear the bobhat in your next vid xxx
Haha, "Bob" hat!

Yeah, that would be funny Big Grin

I almost used it in my God versus Losty vid, but I found it took too long to keep taking it on and off Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 22, 2016 at 11:58 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 10:10 pm)Sterben Wrote:           Would you feel empathy for someone who assaulted a loved one? Would you feel anger or pity when your in the court room, having to watch as a good defense attorney works the room? When the moment finally arrives and that not guilty verdict is announced, what happens to your humanism then?

I would be sad, but I would take some comfort in knowing that our Justice System worked; he's supposed to have a good defense lawyer, obviously the State did not adequately prove its case, and the person (no matter how much I may "know" they are guilty) was protected by Due Process. It is far more important that we protect ourselves from a runaway court system more interested in revenge than fairness than it is for me to get my personal revenge. That's why we have a court system.

It's also why it's important to fight for better science in the courts and legal system. Courts still rely too heavily on eyewitness testimony, which has been shown in hundreds of scientific tests to be effectively useless as proof because of the way the human mind works, and also the opportunity for tampering-- yet juries love it and believe it, and the courts hide behind the jury's belief in upholding convictions that are often later shown (by science, such as DNA testing) to have been false convictions.

I would much rather someone whom I am convinced murdered my whole family go free than to think of one innocent person rotting in a cage my society built.
           Fighting the injustice that our legal system has become is a becoming a losing battle. Protests that non-violent are ineffective, the only way change will come to our justice system is through means of sheer force. "Tough on crime" is a concept that has done massive amounts of harm to our society. I agree fully on the aspects of improving sciences and making it mandatory in legal system. We're facing a new major threat, and that is the (N.S.A), they are the new major player in the violation of our rights. If your watching us talk about you I'd like to give a message "Fuck you, your fucking scum and your actions are shameful!". There will be a major uprising one day when enough people are serving prison terms for non-violet drug charges as well as similar crimes.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

(April 23, 2016 at 12:01 am)Losty Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 11:57 pm)Sterben Wrote:       For a person who thinks who they are not good at expressing feelings into words you did a good job. I get were your coming from though, you feel that the person who assaulted a loved one deserves a second chance to become a better person and put there past to prevent them from hindering their life. That's a good philosophy on the deeper meaning of justice. Although some crimes that one commits on to others does not deserve the kindness presented in your philosophy.

Maybe not. Still in that case if somewhere were maybe sentenced to life in prison without parole, that someone is still a human being. They still get my empathy. I will still advocate for them to receive mental health care, be treated with basic human decency, and be allowed to maintain their dignity as a person.

Also, thank you for saying I did a good job wording my feelings Smile
        Not a problem Losty, I give credit were credit is due. You should consider writing about your philosophy in a deeper context, your really on to something.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

(April 23, 2016 at 2:08 pm)abaris Wrote:
(April 23, 2016 at 2:06 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: The world has become very confusing.

Wasn't it always? The only thing that has been changing, one of the select few positives, is that people talk about it now instead of brushing it under the carpet.

True, but I was unaware of the level of complexity, so as far as I could tell it was simple. Big Grin

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I think I've fucking heard it all now.

"Trans-women can't use the girl's room. What will they think when they hear a strange man peeing in the stall next to them?
Sooo...I've been playing a lot of Minecraft recently (I promise I'm not derailing the thread with this), and it suddenly occurred to me why it makes sense to segregate public utilities by gender.

I'm working on a sky base that has a farm or generator for most of the things that it's possible to do that with (sort of a self-contained colony ship kind of thing), and one of the final things I had to build was a cobblestone generator. The problem with most of the designs I was finding was that they were based on odd numbers, while my base is designed entirely around even numbers. This means that for many of the contraptions in my base, I've had to come up with double-wide designs where the same machine is essentially sitting next to a mirror image of itself.

In the farming district, this is no big deal: plant farms can be designed almost any old way, and for the meat farms I just made them dual-purpose. The chicken farm makes both raw and cooked chicken, the cow farm holds both cows and sheep...the only exception is the pig farm, but I'm a bit of a Swanson, so it made perfect sense to me to have a double-wide, brick barbecue pit with one side that makes cooked pork and another side that makes more cooked pork. It didn't even occur to me to question it.

The cobblestone generator was a problem, though. I tried really hard to design one that would give me a pair of 5-block strips right next to each other, but I just couldn't get the water and lava flows right, so I wound up having to opt for a design was essentially two generators next to each other. I could have made one side a smooth stone generator, I guess, but I had already built one of those just across the district, so I didn't really need another one at that point.

Then it hit me. In a situation where the design of a building demands that you put two of something right next to each other, and you can't figure out another way to make that make sense, just force a gender binary onto it. I put up signs that designate one cobblestone generator for women, and the other for men. I put a picture of a lady bug on the girl's generator, and a picture of a butterfly on the boy's, because that seemed to make sense for some reason even though those are bugs.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen: I have gender segregated my rock crushers.

Just the horizontal one, though. The stone generator (the vertical design) remains gender neutral because it pumps stone into a 2x2 square, which fits perfectly with the even numbers in my base.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com