Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 4:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your lack of imagination is your defeat
RE: Your lack of imagination is your defeat
(July 5, 2016 at 5:53 am)Lucanus Wrote: [Image: 1InRPTqY3dRAI.gif]

And the poop loop goes on!

The gif I never knew I needed in my life...
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Imagination play - I'm in.

Let's say the universe contains those elements and components found resident within humans, including mind consciousness, and for the purpose of this exercise, let's say that mind consciousness continues after death (an afterlife). 

So here's my question if that's true...

Is the universe's mind consciousness "god" or is it the collective of all of the other mind consciousnesses contained within that space, and in either case, is it not possible for humans to be this "god" in fractal form, waiting to coalesce once more upon physical death?

Thinking
Little Rik, serious question:

Why does the universe need to possess mind-consciousness?
You don't actually think he's going to give you a realistic answer do you? I mean, I don't expect him to admit he is wrong about matter, even though I clearly showed him proof contrary to his claim.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 5, 2016 at 1:35 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: I don't expect him to admit he is wrong about matter, even though I clearly showed him proof contrary to his claim.

There's a lot of that going around here...
(July 5, 2016 at 10:56 am)Iroscato Wrote:
(July 5, 2016 at 5:53 am)Lucanus Wrote: [Image: 1InRPTqY3dRAI.gif]

And the poop loop goes on!

The gif I never knew I needed in my life...

run it backwards in your mind . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 5, 2016 at 9:57 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(July 5, 2016 at 9:10 am)Veritas_Vincit Wrote: What is the 'universal body'? Did you make that up? It sounds like you are just calling the universe a body - which it isn't in any literal sense of the word - so that you can justify attributing a mind to it. Which you can't. Because that doesn't make sense.

It make sense because all the elements that compose the universe are in us as well.
In totally different stages of evolution but they are there.
There is no other way to describe two similar things.
If the universe would only be made up of air or only of water or only of matter then we could not say that the universe is a body but because the universe has all the elements that we also have we can say that it is a body.  Lightbulb

All the elements that are in the universe are also in an automobile. Does that mean that a car has mind-consciousness? This is nothing but an analogy failure. The universe doesn't have all the elements of the human body because it doesn't have mind-consciousness. It also doesn't have hands, an anus, a mouth, or a vagina. You've taken a parallel between two things and assumed that because those are parallel, everything must be parallel. That's just stupid. Moreover, we take actions such as picking up an apple. The universe doesn't take actions, it just obeys the laws of nature. There is not the slightest hint that it has a mind. It isn't a zombie because it doesn't act. It's simply lifeless, with no mind governing it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 5, 2016 at 1:35 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: You don't actually think he's going to give you a realistic answer do you? I mean, I don't expect him to admit he is wrong about matter, even though I clearly showed him proof contrary to his claim.

I just want to know why he think the universe needs one. I agree with you I'm most likely not going to get anything satisfactory or intellectually honest from his answer, but whatever. Always fun to probe these weirdos' minds.
(July 5, 2016 at 9:07 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(July 4, 2016 at 6:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: We have an imagination.  That's why we explore how things work, instead of settled with "goddidit hyuck!"

So let me guess.  Rolleyes

Your exploration tell you that a human being has got a body and a mind but the universal body doesn't.
The universe is like a zombie with a body but not a mind.
Right?

Gee, I feel a bit frightened to think that any time this zombie after a billion or more year that existed
all of a sudden may destroy all of us and more.  Panic  Panic  Panic
Why did you scare me Val?  Undecided

You really are a pompous dumb-arse, aren't you?
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 5, 2016 at 3:33 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(July 5, 2016 at 9:07 am)Little Rik Wrote: So let me guess.  Rolleyes

Your exploration tell you that a human being has got a body and a mind but the universal body doesn't.
The universe is like a zombie with a body but not a mind.
Right?

Gee, I feel a bit frightened to think that any time this zombie after a billion or more year that existed
all of a sudden may destroy all of us and more.  Panic  Panic  Panic
Why did you scare me Val?  Undecided

You really are a pompous dumb-arse, aren't you?

Yes. Yes, he is.

He's also never met a bad analogy he won't embrace just to demonstrate what a dumb-arse he is. Universal body? Fucking Christ!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to easily defeat any argument for God Tom Fearnley 629 37806 November 22, 2019 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Tom Fearnley
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5356 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 22993 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Discipline/lack of and atheism Azu 189 56272 June 19, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Is Lack of Belief the Best You Can Do? Neo-Scholastic 259 37469 April 3, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith yukapuka 306 40300 January 18, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Does complexity actually imply the lack of a creator? JaceDeanLove 14 4620 November 15, 2014 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do atheists lack a sense of awe and wonder? (Doubt it.) Whateverist 33 7590 January 20, 2014 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Alex K
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12087 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Huffington Post: Atheism to defeat religion by 2038 fuckass365 27 12847 June 8, 2012 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Jaysyn