Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 5:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum?
RE: Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum?
I like "cock" but I'm indifferent to cock.
So we've heard!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 6, 2016 at 7:51 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I like the word cunt. It's no more sexist than if I called you a dick. I like that word too. But I prefer "cock".

Fine.  Call me a cock.  But I think it's unnecessarily disrespectful to use a word that has such an anti-feminist history in a thread like this one.

Ladies, am I wrong?  Has the word lost its power now through overuse or expanded usage, so that it's no longer considered a misogynist term?

Here's my reasoning: nobody that I've ever heard calls a woman a "dick." Many call both women and men a "cunt." The fact that the c-word refers to women, and is then applied perjoratively to men, implicitly shows a greater disrespect toward women than toward men. The same goes for calling men "bitches."
(July 6, 2016 at 7:49 am)bennyboy Wrote:
(July 5, 2016 at 11:48 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Wow. You're a total cunt.
So your response to a behavior of mine that you don't like, IN A THREAD ABOUT A FEMINIST ISSUE, is to attempt to insult me with an explicitly anti-feminist, highly-offensive sexual term?  If I had my way, I'd ban usage of terms like that in the forums wayyy before I banned breastfeeding boobies or any other kind of nudity.  Call me an asshole, or a jerk, or a loser, or a troll.  But please. . . don't demonize the wonderful thing that is the female reproductive organ by using it as an insult.  Not cool, bruh.
Wow. You really are a total cunt.

(July 6, 2016 at 8:40 am)bennyboy Wrote: Fine.  Call me a cock.
So your response to an insult of Alasdair's that you don't like, IN A THREAD ABOUT SEXISM, is to attempt to persuade him to use an explicitly anti-male, highly-offensive sexual term? If I had my way, I'd ban usage of terms like that in the forums. Call me an asshole, or a jerk, or a loser, or a troll. But please. . . don't demonize the wonderful thing that is the male reproductive organ by using it as an insult. Not cool, gurl.
I've spent too much time on these boards to ever think of cunt as anything other than a jovial thing to call a buddy. But I also wonder how the lady folk feel about it. Personally though I think it's a bit of a turn on when a lady refers to where she wants me to put it with that word.
(July 6, 2016 at 8:54 am)Tiberius Wrote: So your response to an insult of Alasdair's that you don't like, IN A THREAD ABOUT SEXISM, is to attempt to persuade him to use an explicitly anti-male, highly-offensive sexual term? If I had my way, I'd ban usage of terms like that in the forums. Call me an asshole, or a jerk, or a loser, or a troll. But please. . . don't demonize the wonderful thing that is the male reproductive organ by using it as an insult. Not cool, gurl.

Nobody calls a girl a "dick" or a "cock." Why do you think the flow of ideas is one-way? There's a meaningful difference between using a male-genitalia word about a male, and using a female-genital word about a male for that "extra sting". . . isn't there? It seems to me that people think referring to a male with any words that originated as female is extra hurtful. . . and I think that's sexist.
That makes very little sense
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
(July 6, 2016 at 9:06 am)bennyboy Wrote: Nobody calls a girl a "dick" or a "cock." Why do you think the flow of ideas is one-way? There's a meaningful difference between using a male-genitalia word about a male, and using a female-genital word about a male for that "extra sting". . . isn't there? It seems to me that people think referring to a male with any words that originated as female is extra hurtful. . . and I think that's sexist.

Speak for yourself. I use those words to describe women, just as some women use the word "bitch" to describe men. There's not a meaningful difference to most people; it just exists in your SJW head. There's no extra sting by referring to a guy by a part of anatomy he doesn't possess, I mean, why would there be? You're not talking about *his* dick when you call him a dick, you're telling him that he *is* a dick. You are equating him with a piece of anatomy. Same thing with "cunt". You don't have to have one to be called one.

You should watch the "pussies get fucked by dicks, but dicks also fuck assholes" speech from Team America, it's very enlightening on this matter.
(July 6, 2016 at 9:06 am)bennyboy Wrote:
(July 6, 2016 at 8:54 am)Tiberius Wrote: So your response to an insult of Alasdair's that you don't like, IN A THREAD ABOUT SEXISM, is to attempt to persuade him to use an explicitly anti-male, highly-offensive sexual term? If I had my way, I'd ban usage of terms like that in the forums. Call me an asshole, or a jerk, or a loser, or a troll. But please. . . don't demonize the wonderful thing that is the male reproductive organ by using it as an insult. Not cool, gurl.

Nobody calls a girl a "dick" or a "cock."  Why do you think the flow of ideas is one-way?  There's a meaningful difference between using a male-genitalia word about a male, and using a female-genital word about a male for that "extra sting". . . isn't there?  It seems to me that people think referring to a male with any words that originated as female is extra hurtful. . . and I think that's sexist.
I called my workmate a tit yesterday, he was fine with it.
(July 6, 2016 at 9:20 am)Expired Wrote: I called my workmate a tit yesterday, he was fine with it.

Well personally I would have slapped you and ranted about your use of overwhelmingly sexist language. You sir, disgust me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 33315 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy