Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
Whenever someone noticed me smoking at work before I quit (for the most part) the reaction was always one of pure shock. "I didn't know you smoke! You don't look like you smoke! Oh my Gawd! You smoke?"

I always responded the same.
"I don't look like I smoke? Really? Should I be wearing a leather jacket?"

"No. You know what I mean. You just don't seem like the type of person who smokes."

"I'd bet I don't seem like the type of person who'd do a lot of things."

heh heh..That was always good for a genuinely worried look or two.
(August 5, 2016 at 3:51 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(August 5, 2016 at 3:48 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Well, that depends on how the US dollar compares in value to your money. I don't know what the exchange rate is.

Yes, I looked that up for us both Big Grin

In America the value of a pack of cigarettes is between $1-3. The cost is much higher because of high taxes that were supposed to encourage people to quit but failed miserably.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 5, 2016 at 3:51 am)Thena323 Wrote: Whenever someone noticed me smoking at work before I quit (for the most part) the reaction was always one of pure shock. "I didn't know you smoke! You don't look like you smoke! Oh my Gawd! You smoke?"

I always responded the same.
"I don't look like I smoke? Really? Should I be wearing a leather jacket?"

"No. You know what I mean. You just don't seem like the type of person who smokes."

"I'd bet I don't seem like the type of person who'd do a lot of things."

heh heh..That was always good for a genuinely worried look or two.

People are so weird when they think a certain type of person smokes. Whenever I'm surprised by someones smoking it's because usually the first thing you notice about a person after visual is whether or not they smell like cigarettes.

0/10

I think smokers have a certain look.

Namely, a cigarette in their mouth with the end lit Tongue
(August 4, 2016 at 11:55 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Quitting pierogies is harder than crack.

#accurate

(August 5, 2016 at 12:25 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Must be a Polish thing.

We're a good people.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I must bethe wrong kind then because my grandmother is Polish and I still hate those things.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Can I just say...
I wish I could adopt you all. I'm sorry they left you. I'm sorry she isn't fit to raise you. I'm sorry the system is failing you. I wish I could adopt you all. I think of you often. I wish it was me sitting with you in court. I wish I was the judge. I wish I was family and they asked me to help instead of her.
And then I think of all the others. All those kids falling between the cracks of a broken system. I wish I could adopt you all. It breaks my heart to know. I wish I could avenge your suffering. It's not fair. Fuck people.

And then...
I wish I could adopt all those kittens roaming around my street.

Why can't I be 100 persons?
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(August 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(August 4, 2016 at 4:52 pm)pocaracas Wrote: damn...
get some steam in there...
""
You can loosen up your stuffy nose if you breathe in some steam. Hold your head over a pot of boiling water and breathe slowly through your nose. But be careful. Don't let the heat burn your nose.

You can also get some relief with a humidifier in your bedroom. Also try to take in some moisture from a hot shower with the door closed.
""

Agree with this. Last night I got made to sit in a hot bath to loosen up my chest because of asthma. Do it until the water isn't hot anymore, then do it again. Breathe in deeply and out in a controlled manner as much as possible. If you start to cough, assess what it's doing. Coughing up phlegm? Good. That's productive.

As an add-on to this, smear some mentholated petroleum jelly on the faucet as you run the bathwater.

(August 4, 2016 at 11:38 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: No, it doesnt sound stupid. Youve got an excellent point there. But, I've tried that. I actually quit during both pregnancies with the girls. Stress is what caused me to start up again.

35 years is a long time. Sad to say but this "relationship" with smoking has been the longest relationship I've ever had and I don't even get anything out of it. Damn. That really puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

Quitting smoking is a bitch. I did it for two years (started up again a little over a year ago -- you guessed it, stress).

The way I quit was putting off my first cigarette of the day later and later. Not counting cigarettes, not going cold-turkey. It took a couple of months quitting this way, but it was more solid for me; I wasn't freaking out in withdrawals, just had an extra couple of hours to wait and I'd get my fix, so I was okay with it.

(August 6, 2016 at 1:33 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(August 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Agree with this. Last night I got made to sit in a hot bath to loosen up my chest because of asthma. Do it until the water isn't hot anymore, then do it again. Breathe in deeply and out in a controlled manner as much as possible. If you start to cough, assess what it's doing. Coughing up phlegm? Good. That's productive.

As an add[on to this, smear some mentholated petroleum jelly on the faucet as you run the bathwater.

Vix?

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 1006 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1280 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 495 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama