Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge!
RE: A challenge!
(January 3, 2017 at 1:28 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It's actually because I don't have time to reply to a bunch of people at the same time. So I would rather limit it to one on one.

Doesn't really matter if you are responding to one, or many, your arguments are no less flawed.

I am sure that anyone here that agrees to debate you, will easily be able to detect all the fallacies in your arguments.

Unless you are going to offer anything new, why waste your and our time?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(January 3, 2017 at 2:24 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(January 3, 2017 at 1:28 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It's actually because I don't have time to reply to a bunch of people at the same time. So I would rather limit it to one on one.

Doesn't really matter if you are responding to one, or many, your arguments are no less flawed.

I am sure that anyone here that agrees to debate you, will easily be able to detect all the fallacies in your arguments.

Unless you are going to offer anything new, why waste your and our time?

I came to the conclusion long ago that this is impossible.  So many times I gave the arguer the benefit of doubt and listened only to find it was the same old shit arguments.  I can tell already that the OP is going to offer up some logical arguments instead of actual evidence.  I would assume that the argument for step 2 will likely be some variant of the Kalam cosmological argument.  In fact, I seem to remember seeing a similar argument a few months ago, except step 3 concluded it was some form of Christianity which was the "one true faith".
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
Yeah start the debate, I have my popcorn ready. Popcorn

I hope it's something other than the Kalam argument, or silly things like the uniqueness of Quran and BS numerological mess contained within it.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Still waiting for debate to be set up. Yes there will be new things brought.
(January 3, 2017 at 3:27 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Still waiting for debate to be set up. Yes there will be new things brought.

On a side note, if you are serious about your proof, why not post it in a public thread? It's not like you are obligated to respond to every single comment, and more importantly I won't have to wait around to enjoy myself. I am pretty bored without mafia. Sad
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(January 3, 2017 at 3:35 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(January 3, 2017 at 3:27 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Still waiting for debate to be set up. Yes there will be new things brought.

On a side note, if you are serious about your proof, why not post it in a public thread? It's not like you are obligated to respond to every single comment, and more importantly I won't have to wait around to enjoy myself. I am pretty bored without mafia. Sad

Because people mock and also spray shower a bunch of things, with many points being a topic in itself. I rather focus on one person.
(January 3, 2017 at 3:36 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(January 3, 2017 at 3:35 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: On a side note, if you are serious about your proof, why not post it in a public thread? It's not like you are obligated to respond to every single comment, and more importantly I won't have to wait around to enjoy myself. I am pretty bored without mafia. Sad

Because people mock and also spray shower a bunch of things, with many points being a topic in itself. I rather focus on one person.
Yeh but who's stopping you from focusing on a single person in a public thread?
- Lau Tzu

(January 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(January 3, 2017 at 3:36 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Because people mock and also spray shower a bunch of things, with many points being a topic in itself. I rather focus on one person.
Yeh but who's stopping you from focusing on a single person in a public thread?

Nothing. But it would be harder to focus while people say things, and I want have an official debate that lasts some posts and comes to an end. That way,  there isn't this super long thread with so many comments and people saying I haven't answered or replied to their points. 5 posts to 5 posts will be sufficient.
From a psychological perspective, it makes me laugh how they use the term one true god.
This is to differentiate their god from everyone else's false god.

MK, you don't need to convince us of anything, we're not shopping around for a god.
You need to convince all the other religious people who believe in the wrong god.

Once the world starts believing in only one god, then we'll tell you why that one is bullshit too.
Baby steps my friend.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Of course there will be. You are arguing on the side of pure fantasy - you can and do make up "new" meaningless and untestable sh*t, as you please.  Rolleyes 
And naturally, you never acknowledge, that the vast majority of theists - and even muslims - do not agree with your convoluted, solipsistic nonsense. 

Debating you - any theist, really - is like playing a game with a child, who's making up rules as they go, in order to present themselves as the winner, no matter what.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14835 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 5030 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  A challenge! Mystic 3 948 January 3, 2017 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A Challenge to You All: Prove I'm not God FebruaryOfReason 40 6343 February 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Please help me with this personal challenge accidental creation 11 3572 April 28, 2014 at 4:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Challenge for the Atheist eeeeeee7 37 9647 January 11, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Bad Writer
  The Moral Challenge GodsRevolt 22 8713 November 5, 2013 at 8:13 am
Last Post: T.J.
  How we won the James Randi $1,000,000 Paranormal Challenge deltoidmachine 24 8402 August 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: gall
  Formal debate challenge - Taqiyya Mockingbird Jeffonthenet 11 6764 July 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  A challenge to Statler Waldorf Zen Badger 178 79355 May 17, 2011 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Eudaimonia