Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Questions For You Non Believers
RE: Questions For You Non Believers
(November 16, 2012 at 3:16 pm)Annik Wrote: Just stop responding. Trolls feed on your emotional outbursts.

I'm pretty sure I only responded to the OP once, the only person I was responding to who isn't what I consider a troll was Daniel.

Besides, aren't you continuing this thread by responding anyway? I've been here long enough to know the drill.

Threads go on for however long they go on.
(November 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I'm pretty sure I only responded to the OP once, the only person I was responding to who isn't what I consider a troll was Daniel.

Besides, aren't you continuing this thread by responding anyway? I've been here long enough to know the drill.

Threads go on for however long they go on.

I don't mind that the thread is long, per say, it's that the bulk of it is in response to a troll. Your conversation with Daniel is just fine with me. This:
(November 16, 2012 at 3:16 pm)Annik Wrote: Just stop responding. Trolls feed on your emotional outbursts.
Was more just general advice for the troll's return, but I can understand how it's be taken as my telling it directly to you. I hope that made sense. I have a bit of a headache. @____@
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(November 15, 2012 at 6:02 am)Darnem Wrote: Why do you push your religion of Atheism on others when there is no evidence that God doesn't exist?

I've often wondered that myself. Just like how baldness is my hairstyle, for some people, atheism is their religion.

I can't tell you how mad I get when I walk past a blank wall in a courthouse and think "There's those atheists go again. There's no mention of any god or any religion on that blank wall. So they're forcing their not-god on to me and having the government declare no god to be the basis for American justice." Or at least that's how I take it.

And don't get me started on those atheist evolutionists who knock on my door on Sunday mornings asking "Have you lost Jesus yet?" and "Are you prepared to face no judgment when you die?"
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink

I'll have to finish catching up on this thread later.

A quick observation here though. People like Darnem and Daniel come to atheist forums and blame all sorts of bullshit on the atheism of the responders. I'm deeply religiously theistic and I too am outraged and offended by bullshit and spewtum flying fast and furious from the mouths of the likes of Darnem, the disingenious apologetics of a Daniel, or the Gotterdammerunging Dunning-Krugerness of a Drich, and it pisses me the hell off. And you can't blame that on my atheism. (I'll leave it up to my peers to assess whether or not I have a big ego; likely yes, though probably not completely without justification.)

Anyway. The hypocrisy of such people is another topic I don't even want to get started on.

The great silver lining in theists like them coming here and exorcising their bullshit on well-meaning atheists is, that by serving as forum chew toys, they enable less experienced or less confident members to cut their teeth on them, and they get to enjoy the unintentional mirth that results. In an odd way, theists are one of the greatest contributors to the success of atheist forums like this. (Imagine if there were no theists here... "So, you still don't believe?" "Nope. You?" "Nope." "Hey, how about them Mets?")

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 15, 2012 at 6:02 am)Darnem Wrote: Why do you push your religion of Atheism on others when there is no evidence that God doesn't exist?

Because there ain't not no evidence that God never did ain't not never existed.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
(November 16, 2012 at 6:05 am)Darnem Wrote: Hi again guys. How marvelous to see that you've continued this thread on without me.
I also find it quite amusing that you guys are getting so worked up over my little question. I think it's just because you Atheists are butthurt with your lives and are angry at God.

Were not christian's so we don't just ignore people that express or ask questions concerning their own views. It's nice to see a follower of Jesus act so childishly it's discerning. I don't believe Jesus would even put together a sentence as you have.

(November 16, 2012 at 4:34 pm)apophenia Wrote:

I'll have to finish catching up on this thread later.

A quick observation here though. People like Darnem and Daniel come to atheist forums and blame all sorts of bullshit on the atheism of the responders. I'm deeply religiously theistic and I too am outraged and offended by bullshit and spewtum flying fast and furious from the mouths of the likes of Darnem, the disingenious apologetics of a Daniel, or the Gotterdammerunging Dunning-Krugerness of a Drich, and it pisses me the hell off. And you can't blame that on my atheism. (I'll leave it up to my peers to assess whether or not I have a big ego; likely yes, though probably not completely without justification.)

Anyway. The hypocrisy of such people is another topic I don't even want to get started on.

The great silver lining in theists like them coming here and exorcising their bullshit on well-meaning atheists is, that by serving as forum chew toys, they enable less experienced or less confident members to cut their teeth on them, and they get to enjoy the unintentional mirth that results. In an odd way, theists are one of the greatest contributors to the success of atheist forums like this. (Imagine if there were no theists here... "So, you still don't believe?" "Nope. You?" "Nope." "Hey, how about them Mets?")

Had no idea you were a less confident member who needed a chew toy. Tongue
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
What's the interview process for the "chew toy" position anyway Apo? Or is it an open door sort of gig?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I took a bite and it was a bit crunchy... I like crunchy! Smile
[Image: nestle_crunch_crisp_cs.jpg]
Quote:"Have you lost Jesus yet?

Are you sure this is where he fell in?
(November 16, 2012 at 5:31 pm)Rhythm Wrote: What's the interview process for the "chew toy" position anyway Apo? Or is it an open door sort of gig?

It's a pretty easy process.

All that is required is to join the forum, fail to introduce yourself, start a thread titled something like, "Questions for You Non Believers". With the OP something like, "Why do you push your religion of Atheism on others when there is no evidence that God doesn't exist?".

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3170 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1954 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people purplepurpose 4 1087 September 27, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2923 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Hardcore believers act like aliens from different planet purplepurpose 21 5136 December 15, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1246 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2908 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Exclamation new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked") ProgrammingGodJordan 142 15421 January 2, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A non-aggressive religion? rado84 24 4797 November 28, 2016 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Believers, put yourself in my place. Gawdzilla Sama 102 13564 November 23, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic