Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 8:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One question for Christians
RE: One question for Christians
(September 7, 2013 at 10:58 am)Godschild Wrote:
(September 6, 2013 at 5:44 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: I suppose Jesus wasn't lying to the Apostles when he promised to return during their lifetimes. That did happen, didn't it?

He rose from the grave, I believe that is what's called a WOW moment and a spectacular return.

Smile GC

Yep and my great great great great great great great great great great great grand-daddy could move objects with his mind.

I have pictur--oh wait no I don't.
I saw it--oh wait, no I didn't.
I heard about it from someone who witnessed---oh wait, no I haven't.
I have irrefuteable proof that-- Oh, yeah, nevermind no I don't.
I have scientific proof that such a thing is possibl-- Oh wait, NO I DON'T!

WOW though, right? He must be god, that man. I mean I have a book that says so, and until you can do that very same thing, I don't give a flying flap what you have to say about my great great great great.. grand daddy, he's GOD.

Now, prove me wrong bitches.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(September 7, 2013 at 3:24 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(September 7, 2013 at 9:10 am)catfish Wrote: LOL, like a sock-puppeting, fallacious presuppositional using, faux Christian, chicken-ass run-away-from-a-challenge asswipe who believes in a sky-boogeyman has any type of a clue regarding credibility.
Really? You still want to dredge that up and try to claim you won that exchange?

Are you still so sore over that ass-whipping I gave you? Remember that Magnificent 7 video? You're like that loudmouth who keeps crying, "C'mon, I won! Tell them I won!" Everyone keeps trying to tell him he lost but he just can't accept it.

You lost.

Badly.

And you look pathetic crying about it almost a year later.

And I wasn't exaggerating with my "back-handed compliment". I really do put Waldork head-and-shoulders above you. In fact, it's no contest.

Waldork is often like a clown with his presuppositionalism but at least I do find him challenging, even thought provoking, once in a great while. You on the other hand are a tiny bug that I never break a sweat over swatting. You've never offered anything of substance that I'm aware of. Frankly, I sometimes suspect you're just a troll.

LOL

(December 17, 2012 at 8:59 pm)catfish Wrote: You are avoiding my question....

"What's your point? Is there a directive somewhere that says I must believe everything?"

You never gave an answer to this except for your own unsubstantiated opinion and instead you ran away and "claimed" victory... (notice how "claimed" is in parentheses, claiming something doesn't make it true) Undecided
Why would you believe any of it?
(September 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Only sometimes?

Well, I give him the benefit of the doubt. He could just be really stupid. It's not like we haven't seen sincere apologists who've demonstrated similar idiocy.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
He can be sincere AND stupid, you know.
(September 7, 2013 at 3:39 pm)missluckie26 Wrote:
(September 7, 2013 at 10:58 am)Godschild Wrote: He rose from the grave, I believe that is what's called a WOW moment and a spectacular return.

Smile GC

Yep and my great great great great great great great great great great great grand-daddy could move objects with his mind.

I have pictur--oh wait no I don't.
I saw it--oh wait, no I didn't.
I heard about it from someone who witnessed---oh wait, no I haven't.
I have irrefuteable proof that-- Oh, yeah, nevermind no I don't.
I have scientific proof that such a thing is possibl-- Oh wait, NO I DON'T!

WOW though, right? He must be god, that man. I mean I have a book that says so, and until you can do that very same thing, I don't give a flying flap what you have to say about my great great great great.. grand daddy, he's GOD.

Now, prove me wrong bitches.

Easy, he's dead and was worm food, now he's just worm poop, also I would like to see the book you have that states he is a god.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
[Image: fB19z.gif]

At least I'd have records of my lineage existing which is more than you can say about Jesus, friend.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Quote:also I would like to see the book you have that states he is a god.

We've seen yours that says jesus was a god and think it is fucking absurd.
(September 8, 2013 at 1:02 am)Godschild Wrote: Easy, he's dead and was worm food, now he's just worm poop, also I would like to see the book you have that states he is a god.

Smile GC

He's not dead: he gave me a special revelation that he resurrected ninety times. More than your dumb Jesus ever did.

As for the book, I will physically make one, just so we can demonstrate how fucking stupid your objection here is.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(September 6, 2013 at 5:32 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you wish to split rabbits and claim that God never lies, all well and good. But, according to the Bible, he deliberately intervenes to make people believe lies, and to cause people to lie. God uses lying behaviour to further his purposes, which is the moral equivalent of suborning perjury.

You really need to give the atheist websites a break and actually read the Bible for yourself rather than one or two verses. God never lies in any of those verses; He tells King Ahab the truth through his true prophet Micaiah. He tells Ahab that all of his other prophets have been deceived (by a spirit not by God) and that Ahab must listen to Micaiah, but Ahab refuses, listens to the deceived prophets, and is subsequently destroyed in battle. God never lies.

(September 6, 2013 at 5:44 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: I suppose Jesus wasn't lying to the Apostles when he promised to return during their lifetimes. That did happen, didn't it?

Your understanding of scripture is downright scary at times. Jesus never promised that his second coming would occur during the lifetimes of the disciples.

(September 7, 2013 at 3:24 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: And I wasn't exaggerating with my "back-handed compliment". I really do put Waldork head-and-shoulders above you. In fact, it's no contest.

Waldork is often like a clown with his presuppositionalism but at least I do find him challenging, even thought provoking, once in a great while. You on the other hand are a tiny bug that I never break a sweat over swatting. You've never offered anything of substance that I'm aware of. Frankly, I sometimes suspect you're just a troll.
Umm…..thanks…..I think…. Tongue

(September 7, 2013 at 3:39 pm)missluckie26 Wrote:

MissLuckie! Welcome!

Is this supposed to be analogous to something Christians believe? If so, you lost me.

(September 8, 2013 at 1:54 am)missluckie26 Wrote: At least I'd have records of my lineage existing which is more than you can say about Jesus, friend.

What? You don’t believe that the historical Jesus existed? Really?

(September 8, 2013 at 2:25 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:also I would like to see the book you have that states he is a god.

We've seen yours that says jesus was a god and think it is fucking absurd.

How is what you think at all relevant to the topic?

(September 8, 2013 at 2:55 am)Esquilax Wrote: He's not dead: he gave me a special revelation that he resurrected ninety times. More than your dumb Jesus ever did.

As for the book, I will physically make one, just so we can demonstrate how fucking stupid your objection here is.

Why such hostility? We’re all friends here. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8098 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3516 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7376 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6546 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2815 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 5154 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Are Christians delusional? This one is. Nihilist Virus 13 2296 July 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8870 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31623 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1632 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich