Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 9:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abiogenesis is impossible
RE: Abiogenesis is impossible
(October 5, 2013 at 7:46 am)Chas Wrote:
(October 5, 2013 at 6:29 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Please prove that abiogenesis happened with real evidence and no assumptions.

I already showed that it could not ever happen.

You have not shown that abiogenesis could not happen, you are only making an argument from personal incredulity.

I elsewhere explained that you have no understanding of probability and therefore cannot even begin to understand how ludicrous your argument is.

Your post proves that you have no facts. It is just a debate 101 technique used when the facts are against you.

I understand probability and statistics very well. I also understand mathematics very well.

So your assertion is false also.

Please actually address the facts.
(October 5, 2013 at 6:55 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Simple logic.

Assume no God
That lead to contradictions in determining where everything came from.
Therefor God is.

Simple logic.

Assume god.
That leads to contradictions in determining where everything came from.
Therefore, no god is.

And believe me, I can find more contradictions in print than you can imagine with your misunderstanding of basic science.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 5, 2013 at 7:57 am)Esquilax Wrote:

Assume no God
Therefor God is.

Simple logic.

Assume god.
That leads to contradictions in determining where everything came from.
Therefore, no god is.

And believe me, I can find more contradictions in print than you can imagine with your misunderstanding of basic science.

I understand science very well.
(October 5, 2013 at 6:12 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: No. The next step is to identify which God.

Can we just skip to that step? I suspect it'll be even more entertaining that this part of your presentation has been.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(October 5, 2013 at 8:01 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: I understand science very well.

Clearly, which is why you refuse to tell us your level of education, claim that the opposite of established science is god and that not having the answers to every question means god is real by default, claimed that evolution is animals spontaneously generating wings and giving birth to offspring of a different species, claim that abiogenesis is impossible despite all the experimental evidence showing the contrary, and believe that "kind" is an accepted scientific term.

I've only experienced less understanding of science from wood.

Incidentally, I assume the reason you ignored my offer to find you some biblical contradictions was to temporarily avoid having to backpedal on your claim that contradictions mean that a thing cannot be true?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 5, 2013 at 8:01 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: I understand science very well.

And yet when actual scientists on this board have corrected your faulty knowledge, including definitions, you ignore them. Science is honest inquiry; you are a dishonest regurgitator of tripe.

You understand nothing.

Repeating untruths does not make them any more real.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Assume no God
Therefor God is.

I think I understand you. You're saying that if I assume there is no god then it isn't possible to explain absolutely everything in the universe. Whereas by invoking the utterly undefined term 'god' you can easily account for absolutely anything simply by uttering "goddidit". Therefore, since goddidit has greater explanatory power, 'god' must actually exist.

I'm guessing your next installment will show that 'god' must be the one in the bible. Good luck. With reasoning like you've shown up to now, it should be good for a few yucks.

Seriously? Then you hide it very well.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'll take a nap on this one, call me when something of worth is to address.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2064 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22149 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 33055 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. Greatest I am 104 47493 January 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Adam and Eve impossible searchingforanswers 70 46482 September 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The Bodily Resurrection of Christ was Impossible bjhulk 3 4586 February 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Argument for atheism from impossible actions Captain Scarlet 16 7545 September 1, 2010 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: everythingafter