Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets compile a list of everything wrong with christ-insanity
RE: Lets compile a list of everything wrong with christ-insanity
(March 15, 2014 at 7:20 pm)discipulus Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 7:11 pm)Bad Writer Wrote: What makes Christ right? (And you still haven't addressed my points above; I suppose I can assume that you never will, right?)

If you want to debate me on a particular topic, I would be delighted to. But as far as a back and forth exchange in this sub-forum amidst the chatterings of the peanut gallery, I simply do not have the time to devote.

"Peanut Gallery". Angry Okay, Overlord of the Universe, we get it. You think your viewpoint is so superior that our ramblings aren't worth your time, and answering each one of our petitions in this medium is tedious because it requires you to think, rather than just recite your usual mantras.

What is your preoccupation with one-on-one debate? We tried that with you, and you sat around for days nitpicking the details. Why would anyone want to go through that? No. Nobody wants to debate you one-on-one anymore. Either you deal with us here, right now, or you go away. Can't handle it? Tough titty.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
After many observations both online and off, I've come to the conclusion that religious apologetics feel that debating non-theists will somehow score "points" in heaven. That is why they wish to be on display so it appears that they are towing the line for their faith.

If a god exists, he doesn't need mortals to defend "him."

Why this was ever in my own mind when I followed religion, I don't know. Perhaps it's because man's ego begs of him to compete with others?
(March 15, 2014 at 7:33 pm)Bad Writer Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 7:20 pm)discipulus Wrote: If you want to debate me on a particular topic, I would be delighted to. But as far as a back and forth exchange in this sub-forum amidst the chatterings of the peanut gallery, I simply do not have the time to devote.

"Peanut Gallery". Angry Okay, Overlord of the Universe, we get it. You think your viewpoint is so superior that our ramblings aren't worth your time, and answering each one of our petitions in this medium is tedious because it requires you to think, rather than just recite your usual mantras.

What is your preoccupation with one-on-one debate? We tried that with you, and you sat around for days nitpicking the details. Why would anyone want to go through that? No. Nobody wants to debate you one-on-one anymore. Either you deal with us here, right now, or you go away. Can't handle it? Tough titty.

LOL, I gotta hand it to ya, that was funny.... I imagined how you would have said it if you were speaking with me in person.

Kudos!

ROFLOL

(March 15, 2014 at 7:42 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: After many observations both online and off, I've come to the conclusion that religious apologetics feel that debating non-theists will somehow score "points" in heaven. That is why they wish to be on display so it appears that they are towing the line for their faith.

If a god exists, he doesn't need mortals to defend "him."

Why this was ever in my own mine when I followed religion, I don't know. Perhaps it's because man's ego begs of him to compete with others?

I would not call what I do "defending God". I assure you God got along just fine before I was born and He will still be God long after I fall asleep.
(March 15, 2014 at 7:47 pm)discipulus Wrote: I would not call what I do "defending God". I assure you God got along just fine before I was born and He will still be God long after I fall asleep.

What do you call it then? Proselytising? If so you're doing a fine job.
(March 15, 2014 at 7:47 pm)discipulus Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 7:33 pm)Bad Writer Wrote: "Peanut Gallery". Angry Okay, Overlord of the Universe, we get it. You think your viewpoint is so superior that our ramblings aren't worth your time, and answering each one of our petitions in this medium is tedious because it requires you to think, rather than just recite your usual mantras.

LOL, I gotta hand it to ya, that was funny.... I imagined how you would have said it if you were speaking with me in person.

Kudos!

ROFLOL

Dodgy Deflection noted. Again, I ask, what is your preoccupation with one-on-one debate? We are not going to try to debate you, as that is a failed venture for all parties involved. Are you going to be fine dealing with us here, or are you going to continue to whine as we pester you, your majesty?
(March 15, 2014 at 7:51 pm)Bad Writer Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 7:47 pm)discipulus Wrote: LOL, I gotta hand it to ya, that was funny.... I imagined how you would have said it if you were speaking with me in person.

Kudos!

ROFLOL

Dodgy Deflection noted. Again, I ask, what is your preoccupation with one-on-one debate? We are not going to try to debate you, as that is a failed venture for all parties involved. Are you going to be fine dealing with us here, or are you going to continue to whine as we pester you, your majesty?

Tongue

Debate eliminates the fluff, forces two people with opposing views on a specific topic to reason soundly, and facilitates the communication of thought by fostering a distraction free environment.

P.s.

You can PM whenever you want and I will respond as graciously and as sincerely as I can.
If you don't believe in god then you deserve eternal torture, well ain't he a stand up guy! Also those kids in Africa dying of AIDS, it's waaayy too mysterious for any of us to understand. But still god "loves" everyone.
(March 15, 2014 at 8:03 pm)Dark Fatal Knight Wrote: If you don't believe in god then you deserve eternal torture, well ain't he a stand up guy! Also those kids in Africa dying of AIDS, it's waaayy too mysterious for any of us to understand. But still god "loves" everyone.

Ahh...the "problem" of evil and suffering...

If God is omnibenevolent then why is there suffering and evil in the world and why would He condemn unbelievers to hell?

Care to debate a more concise rendering of the above?
Quote:What do you seriously expect us to say to that?

How about "Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass?"
(March 15, 2014 at 7:55 pm)discipulus Wrote: Debate eliminates the fluff...

This is demonstrably wrong. Ever heard of a guy named Ken Ham? Yeah...no.

Quote:...[debate] forces two people with opposing views on a specific topic to reason soundly...

A dishonest approach to an issue remains dishonest whether it's in a debate or in a group discussion. In fact, I would argue that a one-on-one leaves less of a chance for the dishonest tactician to be called out on his bullshit, as the opposing side isn't always trying to nitpick his opponent's tactics.

Quote:...and facilitates the communication of thought by fostering a distraction free environment.

You did very well showing me that there was such a thing as "metaphysical naturalism". Communication was not hindered in regards to this revelation. Do you have any examples of how we can trust that a "distraction free environment" would facilitate a type of communication that we cannot attain in any normal discussion? So far, we have pointed out many instances of your dishonesty while speaking to us; what could possibly make us believe that a one-on-one debate would be any different?

Quote:P.s.

You can PM whenever you want and I will respond as graciously and as sincerely as I can.

Noted. Truth be told, I won't bother. Why? There is little point discussing anything with someone whose go-to responses are recitations of the inane. What guarantee would I have that someone as demonstrably close-minded as you would ever partake in an honest, one-on-one discourse excluding your word that you will "respond as graciously and as sincerely" as you can? Actions speak louder than words, buddy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2353 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4643 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 42292 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 10562 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8100 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3247 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3444 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1486 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3555 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2863 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer