Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abiogenesis is impossible
RE: Abiogenesis is impossible
(January 10, 2015 at 11:45 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 9:17 pm)snowtracks Wrote: not looking for excuses; perhaps you don't understand the assignment.

It's not an excuse, you dismissive ass; the first cells do not have to be the same as modern cells. That's kinda what the evolutionary model is all about, change over time. Just because you baselessly assert that cells never change, solely because it's convenient to your argument, doesn't make Rhythm's answer an excuse. It just makes you ignorant.

As if your insistence on using nothing but arguments from ignorance wasn't enough hint of that. Dodgy
the first cell, with the first protective barrier is the question. what's with this modern cell business?
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(January 10, 2015 at 11:51 pm)snowtracks Wrote: the first cell, with the first protective barrier is the question. what's with this modern cell business?

Still just assuming your conclusion, that the first cell and the first protective barrier developed at the same time, then? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 10, 2015 at 11:51 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 11:45 pm)Esquilax Wrote: It's not an excuse, you dismissive ass; the first cells do not have to be the same as modern cells. That's kinda what the evolutionary model is all about, change over time. Just because you baselessly assert that cells never change, solely because it's convenient to your argument, doesn't make Rhythm's answer an excuse. It just makes you ignorant.

As if your insistence on using nothing but arguments from ignorance wasn't enough hint of that. Dodgy
the first cell, with the first protective barrier is the question. what's with this modern cell business?

The better question would be to ask what came first the chicken or the egg? once you figure that out you figured out reproduction. I already know the answer.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(January 11, 2015 at 2:51 am)IATIA Wrote:

...leaving the chicken quite unsatisfied.
God has no explanatory power. It does not tell us how things were created, if they were at all, it just puts a label on the mystery. And the label is a bigger mystery than the mystery it is supposed to solve.

If you think there are only two possibilities, that either current scientific models can explain absolutely everything, or else a God did it, that is what's called a false dichotomy. You are ignoring an infinity of other explanations which also have no basis, along with the possibility that science is yet to find out. Or maybe science can't find out the answers entirely, some things may be beyond it's scope, but that lends no credibility to other unsupported explanations. Or the possibility that you don't understand very much about science and aren't interested in filling the gaps in your knowledge. It seems you think these gaps are convenient for your argument and can extend them to other people too.

I'm a BITCH today. Sorry about that. I could be on next top model. I hope all my arguments today have been to the point and not personally insulting.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 10, 2015 at 11:55 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 11:51 pm)snowtracks Wrote: the first cell, with the first protective barrier is the question. what's with this modern cell business?

The better question would be to ask what came first the chicken or the egg? once you figure that out you figured out reproduction. I already know the answer.

An egg and a chicken were in bed together.
The egg took a drag on a post coital cigarette.
"well that answers that" said the egg.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

They both came first. Because I said so.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 10, 2015 at 8:05 pm)IATIA Wrote: You are either not reading posts and links or you are just being stubborn and obtuse for the hell of it.
Par for the course. At some point it seems that the pure fundie types get flustered enough by our unwillingness to accept presuppositions as "evidence/proof/truth" that they give up trying and start flinging random bits of poo at the wall.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 11, 2015 at 7:16 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 8:05 pm)IATIA Wrote: You are either not reading posts and links or you are just being stubborn and obtuse for the hell of it.
Par for the course. At some point it seems that the pure fundie types get flustered enough by our unwillingness to accept presuppositions as "evidence/proof/truth" that they give up trying and start flinging random bits of poo at the wall.
Have stated this before, but it may need to be reiterated. Seems like you laboring under the grand illusion (perhaps even delusion) that I’m trying to prove, persuade, cajole or influence board members to believe in God’s existence or change their worldview to a creation model. Only God can prove God which has all ready been done. Everyone thinks there is a God, some will say ‘there is no God’; human were made in His image, that imprint can’t be erased no matter how hard someone tries.
Why I am posting is: to give the christian old earth perspective. Notice the period at the end of previous sentence. God made the garden-of-eden every good, and then may it even better by introducing ‘free-will’. Think about it, if God gave people free will to choice, I should and do fully endorse the exercise thereof. So if there are atheist, so be it.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2062 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22113 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 32972 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. Greatest I am 104 47243 January 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Adam and Eve impossible searchingforanswers 70 46446 September 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The Bodily Resurrection of Christ was Impossible bjhulk 3 4586 February 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Argument for atheism from impossible actions Captain Scarlet 16 7542 September 1, 2010 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: everythingafter