Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 9:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This
RE: The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This
(March 9, 2015 at 4:49 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: You have spouted your love of yes/no questions and your claim that you will always answer them with a yes or a no all over the boards, so let me ask you one.

Have you quit beating your wife yet?!?

The more important question here is, will you see that yes or no is not always a viable answer to a yes/no question.
That would actually be an irrelevant question, since it's based on the premise that me beating my wife is true.
Right!

Now tell me what's wrong with this question:

"Who created the universe?"

There's 2 points available.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 9, 2015 at 5:03 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(March 9, 2015 at 4:49 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: You have spouted your love of yes/no questions and your claim that you will always answer them with a yes or a no all over the boards, so let me ask you one.

Have you quit beating your wife yet?!?

The more important question here is, will you see that yes or no is not always a viable answer to a yes/no question.
That would actually be an irrelevant question, since it's based on the premise that me beating my wife is true.

So you understand that, but don't get why other people might not want to answer yes/no to your questions?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 9, 2015 at 5:08 pm)Esquilax Wrote: So you understand that, but don't get why other people might not want to answer yes/no to your questions?

My questions are relevant to the subject.
(March 9, 2015 at 5:05 pm)robvalue Wrote: Right!

"who created the universe" isn't a yes or no question.
"I don't know" is an acceptable answer.
(March 9, 2015 at 5:03 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: That would actually be an irrelevant question, since it's based on the premise that me beating my wife is true.

So, you completely missed the real point of the question... Color me not surprised

(March 9, 2015 at 5:19 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: My questions are relevant to the subject.

It's not whether your questions are relevant to the subject, but whether a yes/no answer is relevant to your question. You disingenuously want to frame questions that require a detailed answer as a yes or no question and that is, at best, intellectually dishonest.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

It just happened we don't know the details YET but it happened.
We know how it expanded we know on the smallest scale why but we just don't know what happened before but even still its pointless to go before because nothing existed before the universe.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Buggy's meltdown in this thread is Internet gold.

[Image: 2mruqlt.jpg]

(March 9, 2015 at 5:19 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: My questions are relevant to the subject.

What M'colleague Snake Oil said: content isn't the issue, but rather the way you want to frame the answer. To be clear, despite your protestations the question about beating your wife really isn't irrelevant, in that its relevancy is directly related to the context it's asked in, and there wasn't any context to the question. It's literally impossible for the question to be either relevant or irrelevant, because there's no framework for it to be relevant within.

No, the issue is that the question and the way the answer is to be formulated makes the question leading; it's designed to draw you toward a single answer or set of answers, and may in fact leave you unable to give a truthful answer. That's the problem both with the example, and your questions generally: you ask something that requires qualifiers and details to properly reflect the position of the answerer, but demand the response come in a format that prevents them from providing that accurate information. You've now manipulated the parameters of the question to force your opposite numbers to skirt close to, if not outright engage in, a lie that's more useful for your position than the truth.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

What is a Loaded Question, Alex?

Fuck. Should've made it a TRUE daily-double.
(March 8, 2015 at 7:27 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Huggy74 dodges more than a dodgeball player! He's been asked many times to explain how his Magic sky gods fairy dust works since he proposes it to be a better explanation to the observable universe, but he won't answer, he just dodges.

How much magic sparkle fairy dust does your god have and how does he make it? By what mechanism does it work?

Does god wink like Samantha Stevens or does he have to nod and blink like Genie? How did god know when the "micro" evolution was ready for a dose of fairy dust so it could change species?

So huggy, are you really going to ignore the complete lack of evidence of how your god "poofed" new species periodically within the evolutionary cycle in order to attack accepted science's natural explanations?

Do you have me on ignore or are you really that much of a dishonest deceiver?

Where did your god get his magic wand and how does it work?
Find the cure for Fundementia!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1324 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3214 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17789 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Propaganda Films and Hate Speech Astonished 41 13955 August 1, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks. Minimalist 10 2811 March 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14664 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 13385 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  the real reason creationists hate evolution? drfuzzy 22 8132 October 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  NdGT makes some Twitter Jokes...Jesus Freaks Minimalist 13 3533 December 27, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7355 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist