Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This
RE: The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This
He's still going?

Such stamina. This thread should be renamed The Bullshit Marathon.
(March 12, 2015 at 12:46 pm)robvalue Wrote: Evolution doesn't disprove God, by the way. It just makes you need to accept the creation account is a metaphor/bullshit.

But if you will never consider that being a possibility, you'll have to continue to deny reality the rest of your life.
I doesn't in fact.
I have stated numerous times that a species evolves from it's own species.
The word the Bible uses for species is "kind" they are synonymous.

Quote:Genesis 1
1 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

It clearly states that each animal is to be brought forth after their kind (species)

The Bible supports evolution, just not the idea that all creatures evolved from a single point.
This is your problem, you're trying to force reality to agree with a story book.

I give up. I've tried really hard to help you Huggy, I honestly have. But I don't think you're interested in learning or understanding, just desperately trying to shoe-horn science into your book and just deny it when you can't.

I have nothing against you as a person, but I give up trying to explain things anymore to you unless you show you're actually interested in the truth.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Oh for fuck's sake Huggy, not this horseshit about 'kinds' again.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(March 12, 2015 at 1:04 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Oh for fuck's sake Huggy, not this horseshit about 'kinds' again.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/species
Full Definition of SPECIES
1 a : kind, sort
(March 12, 2015 at 1:04 pm)robvalue Wrote: I have nothing against you as a person

Then let me have something against him for you.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Huggy, if you go with a kind being equivalent to a family, you get a stable taxonomic label that will never change in human experience, unless it goe on a lot longer than it has so far. For all intents and purposes, you can have your cake and eat it too by equating kind and family.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(March 12, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: The Bible supports evolution, just not the idea that all creatures evolved from a single point.

"If I pretend evolution is something other than what it is, then evolution is what I pretend it to be! Imagination makes everything real!"
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 12, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: It clearly states that each animal is to be brought forth after their kind (species)

The Bible supports evolution, just not the idea that all creatures evolved from a single point.

Which if so, is why your Bible can't be taken seriously. Because it is wrong.
So won't read a book that would actually describe what evolution is and how it has occurred on the basis that he doesn't agree with the author, so willfully ignorant as predicted.
He then starts quoting the book of Jewish bullshit at us ignoring the double standard...

Cats from dogs - no, however both share a common ancestor as both belong to the Carnivora clade, this being a member of the Miacidae clade.

As for the idea that we didn't all evolve from a single point...
Collagen;
A substance that is used in the manner of a sort of 'glue' to stick cells together in multicellular lifeforms. This is our legacy from the sponges.
It is found in all multicellular lifeforms with almost no deviation (only 4 variants exist) due to the extremely high selection pressure (You don't have it, you are a puddle) making the gene incredibly stable.
It took life a long time to develop this gene and traces of previous genes can be identified within its code, it is unlikely therefore that the gene has multiple sources and all multicellular life can thus be traced back to sponges.

Feel free to attempt more massage of your ego I find dropping facts on your BS amusing.
Incidentally the blatant dishonesty you're parading here is the reason why it has been impossible to respect religion since the ID thing first came up so please keep sabotaging your own organisation for us.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1324 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3215 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17808 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Propaganda Films and Hate Speech Astonished 41 13961 August 1, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks. Minimalist 10 2812 March 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14673 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 13390 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  the real reason creationists hate evolution? drfuzzy 22 8133 October 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  NdGT makes some Twitter Jokes...Jesus Freaks Minimalist 13 3535 December 27, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7358 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist