Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 3:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Migration Update
RE: Forum Migration Update
(March 29, 2015 at 12:42 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 29, 2015 at 12:25 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: I'm really missing seeing the kudos. I have so many to give out today!

They'll be back, it's one of the highest priority features.  We know how popular kudos are.  Big Grin

I'm giving you a kudos for this... but you won't be able to see it... it's in my head Smile Just know that I gave you one.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm on my phone and it took me straight to the mobile version even though the last time I was on, I was on the full site. Everything looks to be back in order with the mobile version. The "first post/ last post" buttons are back (yay!) The top ribbon with the UCP and PMs is back. The thread list page still has that white box before all of the thread titles that takes you to the last page on the thread. When you return to the list, the box is gone from which ever thread title you used it on, but I'm guessing that's in the works.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I just noticed a minor oversight on pages with lists of threads. When a thread was started by a user who is now banned, his/her username is in normal font style rather than strike-through.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I think it was always like that on the list page.

Is the tapatalk plugin being installed soon?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 29, 2015 at 10:10 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 29, 2015 at 9:58 pm)Aractus Wrote: Yeah, and can we do something about distinguishing the posts? The links/buttons that are the bottom of each post look as if they belong to the post they're above...

I've re-themed the buttons so they now have a background that is dark blue rather than whiteish. If you refresh your cache you should see the new buttons. Is this better for everyone or is more separation needed? I know that the old forum theme had each post "floating" in its own little box, but this one is a bit more streamlined I think.

Opinions welcome.

A bit of separation goes a long way...
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(March 29, 2015 at 9:33 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 29, 2015 at 8:11 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Automerge doesn't appear to be working or whatever.

Can you provide a detailed explanation of what you are seeing?

Yes.  When you post two posts in a row in a short time span, the old forum would merge the posts with a horizontal rule between the contents of each post.  It's not merging them.

I also notice that, although my signature is 150px high, it's displaying a scroll bar as if the signature were too high for that box (the sig area).
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 29, 2015 at 9:46 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Can someone try the mobile theme? I've enabled it so it should work, however it will probably not include the extra features that the latest version of MyBB implemented yet.

Pics ahead:

"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Also, for some strange reason, this is still a thing Tongue
[Image: nzU4A3w.jpg]
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Images show just fine when viewing the forum as a guest, but only as links when logged in. Or is it just me?
To me they work fine. Check in your options.. There is one called 'show images'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 7228 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1898 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Privacy Policy Update Tiberius 1 951 October 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Area 69 Rules Update Cyberman 34 6119 July 27, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trolling rule update Jackalope 110 19830 February 19, 2017 at 3:39 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Update to the "Quoting Others Inaccurately" rule. Tiberius 25 5986 November 27, 2016 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  New Administrator / Moderator Notices + Rules Update Tiberius 38 7139 July 15, 2015 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Forum Migration Issues / Bugs Tiberius 9 2477 April 17, 2015 at 9:27 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Forum Migration Tiberius 54 8328 April 2, 2015 at 7:32 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Announcement: Rules update Jackalope 1 1845 August 17, 2014 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Mystical