Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 1:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Theists
RE: Dear Theists
Wow. An article from Huffington Post. That site has become as credible as Fox News. It's always like that's where the journalists who got fired from other publications ended up.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(April 16, 2015 at 2:15 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(April 16, 2015 at 9:35 am)Mezmo! Wrote: Godschild, thanks for the spot-on post. I take objection to the claim that religion is a delusion. Anyone making such a claim is too stupid to distinguish between biological conditions and cultural artifacts.

Oh, please do enlighten us and tell us about how believing in angels and demons running around isn't delusional.

Tell us how believing in dark matter or dark energy(you know the stuff you can't see)isn't delusional. Four decades of contoled experiments and not one bit of evidence, let lone proof.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 16, 2015 at 10:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: Tell us how believing in dark matter or dark energy(you know the stuff you can't see)isn't delusional. Four decades of contoled experiments and not one bit of evidence, let lone proof.
They do not know what it is, ergo the investigation. The term 'dark matter' was coined because they cannot see it it, but only the results. Can you see air?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(April 16, 2015 at 10:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: Tell us how believing in dark matter or dark energy(you know the stuff you can't see)isn't delusional. Four decades of contoled experiments and not one bit of evidence, let lone proof.

GC

Oh, now you want evidence.  Jerkoff

Pearls before swine, GC.  Pearls before swine.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 16, 2015 at 10:41 pm)IATIA Wrote:
They do not know what it is, ergo the investigation.  The term 'dark matter' was coined because they cannot see it it, but only the results. Can you see air?

There is no evidence for it, what is observed in space doesn't mean they have found anything, there are problems with the thinking on the dark anything, also I said it has never been seen, yet many believe it's there.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Is that a problem for you?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Many things are problems for children of imaginary friends.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 16, 2015 at 10:45 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

GC

Oh, now you want evidence.  Jerkoff

Pearls before swine, GC.  Pearls before swine.

Standard reply for one who has no answer, atheist say Christians are delusional because we believe in the unseen God, yet atheist get a pass for believing that something unseen with no evidence is there. Try again, this time use your brain.

GC
So...for clarity....is it your contention that there's something wrong with believing in things unseen and with no evidence?  Because if not...I'm fairly certain you don't have any objection to dark matter - on those grounds.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 16, 2015 at 10:27 pm)Polaris Wrote: Wow. An article from Huffington Post. That site has become as credible as Fox News. It's always like that's where the journalists who got fired from other publications ended up.
That's a completely moronic remark. Even if you believe that the Post leans far to the left, it doesn't lack credibility. They don't act as a mouthpiece for any particular party like Fox News does for the GOP and its base, white evangelicals and the extremely rich.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1140 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Dear Xristards Don't Pick On Muslims Minimalist 20 2659 July 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Dear Atheists ParagonLost 111 16239 December 1, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: GOĐ
  Dear god dyresand 14 1855 May 3, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2594 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear christians... dyresand 1 1137 April 2, 2016 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 51002 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Dear Christians Phatt Matt s 70 13037 April 4, 2014 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Oh Dear...Whatever Will They Do in Oklahoma? Minimalist 20 7006 March 17, 2014 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Dear Christians... Are you F***ing serious? Proof of Blood and Ark xr34p3rx 29 15573 January 12, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: xr34p3rx