Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 9:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with a Jovo
RE: Interview with a Jovo
(June 12, 2015 at 12:06 pm)Drich Wrote: And what you don't seem to get is that if the position was indeed full time than the working hours posted are in direct violation of anti discrimination laws.

No, they're not. Many businesses are open on Sunday.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Yes, 'Examples of some common religious accommodations include flexible scheduling' is precisely what I'm pointing out. Do you understand that sentence? If it said 'employers should always make the schedule flexible', you would have a point. But all that sentence states is that flexible scheduling is among the religious accommodations employers commonly make for their workers. Not that they have to do it in every instance.

Now you're just boring. I don't know how many different ways I can say the same thing, but it's clear you won't listen either way.
(June 12, 2015 at 12:01 pm)Nope Wrote: Drich, I asked how you would feel about hiring a teacher whose religious beliefs  include wearing a phallic symbol around their neck. If Christians get special privileges because of religion than all religions get those same privileges.

I have had to hire and make accomidations for people of different faiths. (Rasta, Muslim, Atheist, Jew) That means I have no issue with a teacher wear phallic symbol around her or his neck. As my religion demands I wear a phallic symbol in line with but between my bellybutton and taint. However At the same time as society demands I keep my "phallic symbol" covered up so to should the teacher.
(June 12, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Drich Wrote:
(June 12, 2015 at 12:01 pm)Nope Wrote: Drich, I asked how you would feel about hiring a teacher whose religious beliefs  include wearing a phallic symbol around their neck. If Christians get special privileges because of religion than all religions get those same privileges.

I have had to hire and make accomidations for people of different faiths. (Rasta, Muslim, Atheist, Jew) That means I have no issue with a teacher wear phallic symbol around her or his neck. As my religion demands I wear a phallic symbol in line with but between my bellybutton and taint. However At the same time as society demands I keep my "phallic symbol" covered up so to should the teacher.

Okay.  Let's say a potential teacher's faith precludes them from being in school every Wednesday, forcing that school to hire a sub one day a week if they chose to hire them.  Should that teacher be hired?
(June 12, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Drich Wrote:

So you'd be okay with covering up your cross, too?
(June 12, 2015 at 12:16 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(June 12, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Drich Wrote: I have had to hire and make accomidations for people of different faiths. (Rasta, Muslim, Atheist, Jew) That means I have no issue with a teacher wear phallic symbol around her or his neck. As my religion demands I wear a phallic symbol in line with but between my bellybutton and taint. However At the same time as society demands I keep my "phallic symbol" covered up so to should the teacher.

So you'd be okay with covering up your cross, too?

If the teacher has to cover her phallic symbol than Christians should not be able to openly wear crosses. Drich answered the way he did to avoid admitting that he wants special privileges for Christians that he wouldn't extend to non Christians.
(June 12, 2015 at 12:16 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(June 12, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Drich Wrote: I have had to hire and make accomidations for people of different faiths. (Rasta, Muslim, Atheist, Jew) That means I have no issue with a teacher wear phallic symbol around her or his neck. As my religion demands I wear a phallic symbol in line with but between my bellybutton and taint. However At the same time as society demands I keep my "phallic symbol" covered up so to should the teacher.

Okay.  Let's say a potential teacher's faith precludes them from being in school every Wednesday, forcing that school to hire a sub one day a week if they chose to hire them.  Should that teacher be hired?

It's not conventional, but so what.. Unless the teach is teaching at a different religious school then accomindations should be made if that teacher is other wise qualified.
(June 12, 2015 at 12:27 pm)Nope Wrote:
(June 12, 2015 at 12:16 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: So you'd be okay with covering up your cross, too?

If the teacher has to cover her phallic symbol than Christians should not be able to openly wear crosses. Drich answered the way he did to avoid admitting that he wants special privileges for Christians that he wouldn't extend to non Christians.

Are you insane? If a Christian teacher openly wore a cross this day and age in a public class room 'you people' would have a witch burning.
Bullshit. But I bet it feels good to play the victim card and act persecuted.
(June 12, 2015 at 12:27 pm)Nope Wrote:
(June 12, 2015 at 12:16 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: So you'd be okay with covering up your cross, too?

His entire 'argument' can be boiled down to special pleading.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Interview Assignment Student 70 5208 November 21, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 10256 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheist Interview! All knowledgeable Atheists needed! danidare13 19 3971 September 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Interview Drich 93 22522 October 31, 2012 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Tnmusicman