Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity and the 10 Commandments
RE: Christianity and the 10 Commandments
(February 20, 2012 at 9:32 am)chipan Wrote:
(February 20, 2012 at 9:24 am)Phil Wrote:
(February 20, 2012 at 9:16 am)chipan Wrote: Ok so according to the source we can observe what is known as the observable universe because "it has had time to reach us." so it has had 45 billion years to reach us? That's inconsistent.

I never met a Pan Troglodyte that could read and judging by your response, you tried and failed. As I keep telling you, let your mommy read it to you.

Oh it doesn't say that? Oh I guess the fist sentence doesn't count.. Read it yourself and see what it says. Those exact words are in there.
Let's try this a different way shall we? God told me the universe is 13.72 Billion years old and that you are an unevolved idiot. Who the hell are you to argue with god?
You have not earned ANY respect chippy. You HAVE consistently displayed (via your posts) an idiocy worthy of the remark "idiot"

You are lazy and only worthy of the slave master you worship.... Enjoy
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 20, 2012 at 9:30 am)Faith No More Wrote:
chipan Wrote:Why? Is it not true?

The truth of your paragraph is lacking, but that's not the issue. The issue is your thoughts are incoherent, sloppy regurgitations of YEC arguments, and your sentences devolve into the nonsensical. It get the feeling when I read your posts that your desperately trying to repeat what your pastor told you earlier.

Come up with an articulate, well thought argument that doesn't come only from the bible

I guess you couldn't pick the sarcasm from the truth. Well in a nutshell I said that science of evolution and cosmology changes all the time. So scientists say " we know" this happened but in a few years change their minds. "but isn't this a sign that we are progressing?" well it's mostly a sign that you were wrong. Even scientists admit to this. No science has been more changed than evolution and cosmology. It's also trying to say "we know" what happened in prehistoric times. The fact is that's not even science, it's history. But even history doesn't try and pretend to know what happened in prehistoric times. History is limited to what is recorded by people.
(February 20, 2012 at 9:36 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: You have not earned ANY respect chippy. You HAVE consistently displayed (via your posts) an idiocy worthy of the remark "idiot"

You are lazy and only worthy of the slave master you worship.... Enjoy

Lazy? I've spent hours a day for years looking at this subject. You don't know anything I've done.
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
(February 20, 2012 at 9:39 am)chipan Wrote:
(February 20, 2012 at 9:30 am)Faith No More Wrote:
chipan Wrote:Why? Is it not true?

The truth of your paragraph is lacking, but that's not the issue. The issue is your thoughts are incoherent, sloppy regurgitations of YEC arguments, and your sentences devolve into the nonsensical. It get the feeling when I read your posts that your desperately trying to repeat what your pastor told you earlier.

Come up with an articulate, well thought argument that doesn't come only from the bible

I guess you couldn't pick the sarcasm from the truth. Well in a nutshell I said that science of evolution and cosmology changes all the time. So scientists say " we know" this happened but in a few years change their minds. "but isn't this a sign that we are progressing?" well it's mostly a sign that you were wrong. Even scientists admit to this. No science has been more changed than evolution and cosmology. It's also trying to say "we know" what happened in prehistoric times. The fact is that's not even science, it's history. But even history doesn't try and pretend to know what happened in prehistoric times. History is limited to what is recorded by people.

Well it looks like the Pan Troglodyte from Japan has made a breakthrough in the art of aping.
Chipan, you have zero interest in debate or intelligent discussion.

You have abso-fucking-lutley no interest in understanding ANYTHING about how the universe works.

You asked why carbon 14 was still around when a simple google search would've answered your question.

You are only interested in your bronze age fairytale, nothing else and no amount of explanation or research will touch your shrivelled intellect.

The universe is a stunning and amazing place and the only way to experience it fully is through science.

And it is all lost on you.

Good luck with your tiny life.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 20, 2012 at 9:39 am)chipan Wrote: Lazy? I've spent hours a day for years looking at this subject. You don't know anything I've done.

That would be the problem chiapet my little chimp. You can't just look, as I keep telling you let mommy read it to you.
Obviously none of you can refute that last claim because everything about it is true. What I find most irritating about evolution is that it tries to mix history with science. "60,000 years ago, humans made their way to america" as if we know that's when they got here. We don't know anything about history that is not recorded. Before evolution, no science tried to explain what happened before recorded history. In fact, the word prehistoric wasn't even invented until the 1800's. Now science is "so great" it can explain history that is not historical. That is how it makes so many mistakes and why it has been corrected to much.

chipan Wrote:I guess you couldn't pick the sarcasm from the truth. Well in a nutshell I said that science of evolution and cosmology changes all the time. So scientists say " we know" this happened but in a few years change their minds. "but isn't this a sign that we are progressing?" well it's mostly a sign that you were wrong. Even scientists admit to this. No science has been more changed than evolution and cosmology. It's also trying to say "we know" what happened in prehistoric times. The fact is that's not even science, it's history. But even history doesn't try and pretend to know what happened in prehistoric times. History is limited to what is recorded by people.

You missed the point. I was uninterested whatever 'truth" may actually be in that paragraph, as I was trying to help you see how it could have been put in a much more readable format. I was pointing out that the way you convey your messages is how to get people to take you seriously.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 20, 2012 at 10:07 am)Faith No More Wrote:
chipan Wrote:I guess you couldn't pick the sarcasm from the truth. Well in a nutshell I said that science of evolution and cosmology changes all the time. So scientists say " we know" this happened but in a few years change their minds. "but isn't this a sign that we are progressing?" well it's mostly a sign that you were wrong. Even scientists admit to this. No science has been more changed than evolution and cosmology. It's also trying to say "we know" what happened in prehistoric times. The fact is that's not even science, it's history. But even history doesn't try and pretend to know what happened in prehistoric times. History is limited to what is recorded by people.

You missed the point. I was uninterested whatever 'truth" may actually be in that paragraph, as I was trying to help you see how it could have been put in a much more readable format. I was pointing out that the way you convey your messages is how to get people to take you seriously.

The first thing you said was my truth is lacking so that's a lie. And I come up with these on my own I don't try to repeat my pastor.

This is what I said

Quote:The truth of your paragraph is lacking but that's not the issue
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4266 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 521 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11693 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 20103 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4675 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10607 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2843 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 40269 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  are there different versions of the 10 commandments ? yampampuza 31 10248 April 21, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 7109 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus