Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 12:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity and the 10 Commandments
RE: Christianity and the 10 Commandments
(March 1, 2012 at 10:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:No in saying you all are hypocrites saying believing based on faith is opening yourself to ignorance when you do the same thing with cosmology.

Oh, fuck off, chippy.

Here's the difference. I know that were I not too lazy I could attend a university and get a degree in astrophysics which would enable me to fully understand the BB theory. As it is, I can listen to Neil De Grasse Tyson and others and get an inkling of what they are talking about I could do more if I wished. You see, they offer evidence.

OTOH, I could study your fucking bible in a divinity school and learn nothing except ancient superstition which is insufficient to teach much of anything. You offer bullshit.

WHAT EVIDENCE? The best any here has come up with is the theory of relativity which isn't any evidence at all. They're unrelated only connected because the BB theory uses that theory to explain a few things. Everyone says evidence but none has been brought up.
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
Stop demanding that others provide you with answers you could easily find yourself. Why should we be responsible for dealing with your shortcomings? You can't even be bothered to google, you're lucky anyone is speaking to you at all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 2, 2012 at 12:27 am)Rhythm Wrote: Stop demanding that others provide you with answers you could easily find yourself. Why should we be responsible for dealing with your own shortcomings? You can't even be bothered to google, you're lucky anyone is speaking to you at all.

You demand evidence of me with everything I come up with. You deny much of the evidence or go on your sarcastic "ok you're right now what?" you have way more shortcomings than I do. You avoid the questions on purpose because you cannot answer them.

Your the one telling fairy tales, claiming that you have evidence for fairy tales. Did I come to Creationist Forums and blather on about the BB? No, I did not. Try again. BB Cosmology is bullshit, everything we know is bullshit, tell me why your narrative is correct.

(care to count the times I've said this? Care to count the times you've declined, or completely failed to make your own case? As a witness to christ, you're a failure.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 2, 2012 at 12:33 am)Rhythm Wrote: Your the one telling fairy tales, claiming that you have evidence for fairy tales. Did I come to Creationist Forums and blather on about the BB? No, I did not. Try again. BB Cosmology is bullshit, everything we know is bullshit, tell me why your narrative is correct.

(care to count the times I've said this? Care to count the times you've declined, or completely failed to make your own case? As a witness to christ, you're a failure.)

I ALREADY DID. You go on a sarcastic rant after I prove a young universe saying "now what religion should I turn to?" I presented my evidence against the big bang.

Have you alerted the Nobel Committee? If not why not? Hell, we're in the presence of scientific royalty folks. Jerkoff

You have done precisely nothing except to bitch about science, while repeating your articles of faith.

(March 2, 2012 at 12:44 am)Rhythm Wrote: Have you alerted the Nobel Committee? If not why not? Hell, we're in the presence of scientific royalty folks. Jerkoff

You have done precisely nothing but bitch about science, while repeating your articles of faith.

You ignore every single bit of my evidence. You don't even comment on why it's wrong. You probably don't even understand the carbon 14 cycle. I present all this information against your theories and all you do is turn to dirty tactics of not taking a position so all you have to do is complain about all my claims many without evidence supporting your claim. I'm done with you because you obviously have nothing intelligent to say.

They aren't my theories Chip. I am not required to take a stance in requesting that you demonstrate the veracity of your own. In fact, I do this precisely so that you have nothing to bitch about, and must instead focus on your own garbage. Which you cannot seem to handle, constantly attempting to shift the burden of proof. Well, denied. Further, I am not required to point out the inadequacies of your education (which I am increasingly beginning to suspect is as non-existent as your god). You made claims to knowledge that you are unable to demonstrate.

Evidence?
Knock yourself out, chippy.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astronomy/bigbang.html

Perhaps if you read all of this THERE WILL BE LIGHT.

But I doubt it. You're too far gone.
Once again I heartily recommend the book by Simon Singh. All of these questions are answered therein, plus a shitload more that I suspect chimp hasn't the wherewithall even to imagine.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4422 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 521 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 12146 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21040 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4815 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10614 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2882 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 40342 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  are there different versions of the 10 commandments ? yampampuza 31 10249 April 21, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 7118 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus