Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 6:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Hall of wit and epicness.
RE: Hall of wit and epicness.
(August 22, 2013 at 10:49 am)LastPoet Wrote: Edit: Ninja'd by Kay Big Grin

[Image: little_ninja_by_midorimokona-d6j8ocq.jpg]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 24, 2013 at 2:05 am)Crossless1 Wrote: Christ on a pogo stick, man, haven't you heard of ancient trade routes -- you know, roads? They were a good idea then and remain so today. Why? Because "free market entities" discovered that carrier pigeons are shitty at hauling freight.

Crossless' comment on Koolay's stupidity made me guffaw Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 22, 2013 at 10:46 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: green arrow????

[Image: 250px-Green_Arrow_60_cover__120113042759.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 22, 2013 at 10:40 pm)Christian Wrote: I'm back after a long time away from this website. My faith in Jesus has grown even more strong and I'm here to learn more!

(August 22, 2013 at 10:49 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Well put on your dunce cap and prepare to be schooled! :p
(August 27, 2013 at 6:39 pm)apophenia Wrote:
(August 27, 2013 at 6:14 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: Contradiction is a part of Gods nature yes.

Wikipedia Wrote:The principle of explosion, (Latin: ex falso quodlibet or ex contradictione sequitur quodlibet, "from a contradiction, anything follows") or the principle of Pseudo-Scotus, is the law of classical logic, intuitionistic logic and similar logical systems, according to which any statement can be proven from a contradiction. That is, once a contradiction has been asserted, any proposition (or its negation) can be inferred from it.

As a demonstration of the principle, consider two contradictory statements - “All lemons are yellow” and "Not all lemons are yellow", and suppose (for the sake of argument) that both are simultaneously true. If that is the case, anything can be proven, e.g. "Santa Claus exists", by using the following argument:

1) We know that "All lemons are yellow" as it is defined to be true.
2) Therefore the statement that (“All lemons are yellow" OR "Santa Claus exists”) must also be true, since the first part is true.
3) However, if "Not all lemons are yellow" (and this is also defined to be true), Santa Claus must exist — otherwise statement 2 would be false [note 1]. It has thus been "proven" that Santa Claus both exists and does not exist, and the same could be applied to any assertion.

Wikipedia:

In other words, from assuming contradiction, nonsense follows.

Congratulations. You've just proven that God doesn't exist. The truth of the statement "There is no God" follows logically from a contradiction.

[note 1] This is via disjunctive syllogism, aka modus tollendo ponens. (See: )

I enjoyed this Big Grin
http://atheistforums.org/thread-20757-page-3.html
DeistPaladin Wrote:
ChadWooters Wrote:"The future belongs to those that show up." -Mark Steyn. So if you want atheism to prevail, you may want to reconsider and outbreed the Mormans, Catholics and Muslims.
Atheists reproduce by assimilating your children.

:ROFLOL:
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Glad you liked that.

Really, it seems a fair sharing of the responsibilities. They change their diapers. We clean the crap out of their minds.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
I really should have a lot more of my posts in this damn thread.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 17, 2013 at 11:22 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(September 17, 2013 at 10:11 am)John V Wrote: Yes, most hold that those that die below the age of accountability go to heaven. That's hardly murder.

Best Christian argument in favor of abortion I've ever heard.

John V is biting off more than he can chew and Mister Agenda delivers. Big Grin

Quote:Because "free market entities" discovered that carrier pigeons are shitty at hauling freight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14260 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Hall of epic cuteness............... Brian37 13 1672 December 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10070 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Jackalope 117 35172 December 4, 2016 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Hall of Utter Cuteness and Intense Adorableness Edwardo Piet 51 8153 September 9, 2016 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  AF Hall of Horror Foxaèr 32 3384 July 18, 2016 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is Jenny A 35 6847 September 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 1326 June 26, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
Star Internet Hall of Crazy Tea Earl Grey Hot 5 3563 May 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Privacy concerns from [split] AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition) Rayaan 178 38310 January 8, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Rayaan