Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Hall of wit and epicness.
RE: Hall of wit and epicness.
Does anyone else find that it's epic for the OP of this thread is banned?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Yeah... I miss him around here. He's such a nice guy Sad
(April 26, 2014 at 12:12 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: It's in that message.
AF.org Wrote:You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them.

Thanks but that's exactly what I can't get it to do. How do you quote it?
For me, the "Quote these posts now" portion is a hyperlink that puts the quotes I selected in the Quick Reply box.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'll try that. I'm still getting the message there is a quote I'd selected. I want to see if it posts.

Nope. Oh well, thanks anyway.
Maybe your browser? Are you using IE?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm using firefox.
Huh. I don't know, man. I only pretend to know WTF I'm talking about when it comes to the internet.

(April 26, 2014 at 11:35 am)whateverist Wrote: (I am this minute getting a little message below telling me I have selected one or more posts to quote. I just don't know how to 'release' it.)
(April 27, 2014 at 11:00 am)whateverist Wrote: I'll try that. I'm still getting the message there is a quote I'd selected. I want to see if it posts.

[Image: multiquote.jpg]

Above, in red, you see the button for multi-quote selected. If you are getting that message, it means you selected several posts that way and have not unselected them. The general technique for multi-quoting is to go through and click the multi-quote button on all but the last post you are quoting, then hit reply to the last one, and you will be delivered to the editor window with all multi-quote selected posts + the post you've hit "Reply" to in quotes.

If you've forgotten which ones you selected with multi-quote, you should be able to get back to them by, a) hitting reply to any post, b) hitting preview to look at your reply preview, c) then, one at a time, click the top green arrow on each block of quoted text to bring you back to that post, d) unclick the multi-quote button, e) go "back" to the preview screen to find the next quote block and its green arrow.

That should fix things up.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
That's what I meant to say.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14155 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Hall of epic cuteness............... Brian37 13 1672 December 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10067 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Jackalope 117 35160 December 4, 2016 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Hall of Utter Cuteness and Intense Adorableness Edwardo Piet 51 8152 September 9, 2016 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  AF Hall of Horror Foxaèr 32 3383 July 18, 2016 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is Jenny A 35 6843 September 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 1326 June 26, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
Star Internet Hall of Crazy Tea Earl Grey Hot 5 3563 May 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Privacy concerns from [split] AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition) Rayaan 178 38307 January 8, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Rayaan