Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 2:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth
RE: Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth
(June 14, 2013 at 3:29 am)Alter2Ego Wrote: Start by producing evidence of fossils that show where one creature left off and the other one began directly from it aka the second creature evolved from the first creature, and there are no gaps in the fossils record.

Still looking for the croc-o-duck?

Your statements indicate that you have not even the tiniest shred of knowledge regarding the mechanics of evolution. You still believe that a crocodile laid an egg and it hatched a duck.

That isn't how it works, my ignorant little friend.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
Quiz time, Mr./Ms. ALTER2EGO.

Hmm.

Must have bugged out.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(June 14, 2013 at 3:29 am)Alter2Ego Wrote: Start by producing evidence of fossils that show where one creature left off and the other one began directly from it aka the second creature evolved from the first creature, and there are no gaps in the fossils record.
I'll try to give you perspective to what you're asking.....

Find a newborn, take a picture of him/her on the 1st of every month for the first 50 years of its life.
Now, go back through the pictures and point to the exact one where the person is now an adult and definitely not a child.
I can guarantee you that single magical picture does not exist.

(I'm also making a bet with myself that I pretty much know what you're going to say in response to that... Wink)
You are wasting your time, L/L. You can't reason with creatards.

The problem is punctuated equilibrium. A species can go unchanged for millions of years. Then their environment changes and they have to adapt or die off. This results in a very fast rate of evoluion until they have adapted to the new conditions.

This can happen in as little as a couple tens of thousands of years. So there are far fewer individuals than in a genetically stable species. Since fossilization is so rare, it's very difficult to find such a critter.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
[Image: hn5KaAn.jpg]
(June 18, 2013 at 8:07 pm)Ryantology Wrote: [Image: hn5KaAn.jpg]

I guess macro-evolution must be that theory no one actually holds which says one animal went to sleep as one species and woke up something altogether different.
(June 14, 2013 at 3:24 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(June 14, 2013 at 3:15 am)Alter2Ego Wrote: Why? Because you say so? As I previously stated, the scientific consensus a few centuries ago was that earth is the center of the universe. It turns out that that was dead wrong. Rather than being the center of the universe, earth revolves around the sun.

No: because over a century of science says so. You know, that "the earth was once thought to be X, therefore science can't be trusted" argument is so flawed; once we had the ability to test it it became pretty quickly clear that a flat earth, or a geocentric universe, or whatever else was untenable.

But when we gained the ability to test evolution, multiple times over since we've developed genetic, geological and observational tests since the inception of the theory, evolution only becomes a more clear fact. We keep running tests... and those tests keep confirming that evolution is true.
ALTER2EGO -to- ESQUILAX:
What tests are you referring to? You have not quoted any sources that back up your claims about evolution being a "clear fact." Instead, you are simply telling the forum what you have chosen to believe.

FYI: There is no such thing as "evolution fact." There is only evolution theory, and theories are merely attempts at explaining why a phenomena occurred. Or didn't you realize that?
I don't recall a single test of this variety which ever demonstrated the 'fact' that the Christian God magicked life into existence.

You can dispute how much evidence evolution has until the cows evolve into pterodactyls, because even disproving the theory doesn't change the fact that creationism is a worthless assertion with zero evidence.
I used to buy creationism. But it was because I grew up in a muslim country where evolution has been kept out of schools for so long that my knowledge of it was limited to knowing the words "theory of evolution". And since no one ever talked about it I only heard of it once or twice in my entire life and dismissed it.

Then I went to university here in Toronto, did my required readings for a course on evolution, and it was immediately apparent that creationism is bullshit, and evolution is true.

The thing is, I don't think anyone can claim to think evolution is not sufficiently proven if they actually go learn about it. Unless they're being intellectually dishonest, and attempting to lie to themselves. Or you have a very high standard for evidence (which you cannot claim with a straight face if you believe in creationism).

If you really think evolution isn't real, don't debate with atheists, do yourself a favour and learn about what it really is. (If you're still waiting for transitional forms then you don't know what it really is, if you still think that gays are unexplained, and morals and alturism are unexplained, you don't know what evolution is.) If you don't trust scientists, fine, read 10 evolution books by scientists (who most probably dedicated their lives to their work), then read 10 creationism books by Christians (who dedicated their lives to convince you that your god is real). Then ask yourself what you really think happened. If you still intend to "convert" people into creationism by the end of that, at least you'll be well informed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darwin's Voyage on the Beagle, droll dramatization Alex K 2 846 September 17, 2016 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false Rob216 206 36937 November 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Darwin Proven Wrong? sswhateverlove 165 22514 September 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  My essay on evolution vs creation. Yahweh 11 4026 February 25, 2014 at 11:05 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Have you ever actually gone to "Answers in Genesis.com?" Boris Karloff 13 3226 February 9, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Did Darwin get it wrong? Zone 20 4674 September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Researchers debunk myth of 'right-brain' and 'left-brain' personality traits CleanShavenJesus 11 5842 August 18, 2013 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Darwin Day KichigaiNeko 2 1495 February 8, 2013 at 8:25 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Evolution V Creation Zen Badger 168 65227 January 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Need some help refuting this creation argument... DaveSumm 25 10074 January 12, 2013 at 7:16 am
Last Post: Aractus