Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to shut up people who are against abortion
RE: How to shut up people who are against abortion
(May 25, 2013 at 3:04 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(May 25, 2013 at 2:25 pm)Just Chilling Wrote: Oh you would,so why don't you.
I live in a rented room in a house. I earn enough to be relatively comfortable, but not enough to look after a child. Also, my girlfriend lives in another country. I'm not exactly in the most ideal situation for any child.

In the future, when I'm settled down and have a steady income that can support children, I'll adopt. That is, if adoption agencies let me.

I don't see why they would not let you adopt an child. But believe me you will make an great dad someday.
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
(May 22, 2013 at 1:20 am)That guy who asked questions Wrote: To the argument, "abortion = bad but abandonment = better = hypocrisy." I would ask the question, what if the person that was killed developed a cure for cancer and you developed cancer? What if instead of being aborted, that same person lived but didn't go through life with their biological parents? Which of these is the better alternative for them and you? I think it would be agreed that life is better than death, even a life separated from your mother and/or father.

This argument is one of the stupidest things ever conceived. The fucking 'What if?' Argument. Have you heard the one about Beethoven:

Doctor 1: "I want your opinion about terminating a pregnancy. The father was syphilitic, the mother had tuberculosis. Of the four children born, the first was blind, the second died, the third was deaf and dumb, the fourth also had tuberculosis. What would you have done?"
Doctor 2: "I would have terminated the pregnancy."
Doctor 1: "Then you would have murdered Beethoven."

Hopefully any person in their right mind can see how absolutely ridiculous this argument is. Whats worse is the facts about this argument aren't even true. Beethoven was not a 4th child at all.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(May 25, 2013 at 3:10 pm)Just Chilling Wrote: I don't see why they would not let you adopt an child. But believe me you will make an great dad someday.
I hope so.
(May 25, 2013 at 3:46 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I hope so.
Whats your budget looking like, I have a few in stock, lots of options. Resale on the redheaded females is immense - good deal for the right investor.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 26, 2013 at 1:13 am)Rhythm Wrote:
(May 25, 2013 at 3:46 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I hope so.
Whats your budget looking like, I have a few in stock, lots of options. Resale on the redheaded females is immense - good deal for the right investor.

Redhead females! Put me on a list I want 3.
[Image: 249122_575213742510949_1771031453_n.png]
Don't want to be called a killer? Don't kill another human... Undecided
(May 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm)catfish Wrote: Don't want to be called a killer? Don't kill another human... Undecided
I don't care if I'm called a killer by anti-abortion bro's.

But yeah, abortion is the one thing in that list that is out of place because abortion effects the fetus/human/whatever you want to call it without its consent.
i personally don't care about abortion.

however, it's for all of you to comment on others' beliefs. lol..
(May 25, 2013 at 2:31 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Question guy:

1. It's not about what makes us humans or people or whatever semantic label you would like to press. It's about whether a woman has control over her own body and whether or not, because of a natural human function, she should be saddled with the potential parasite, if you will, resulting from said function (which, incidentally takes two to participate). Please keep in mind, I'm only using feminine pronouns because men are unable to get pregnant, therefore, unable to have abortions (in case gil is watching).

2. Do you really think that being held accountable is the best way to raise a kid? Do you think that people should be punished for having recreational sex? Do you think that raising a child is an appropriate punishment?

3. See my first answer, but in addition to that.... do you realize women have miscarriages all the time? Like, we could have no idea we were even pregnant, have a heavy period, which unbeknownst to us, included (or was) a miscarriage, and we didn't even know we were pregnant? A large percentage of pregnancies don't make it to term.

I have nothing to say about #4. That's gil's.

Abortion has been given too large a platform, IMO. It's no one's business except for the people considering it.

Part 1 you are partially right and partially wrong, the abortion debate actually is still being debated based on semantics because pro-life individuals claim that the fetus is not part of the woman's body and is an entirely different "person." but the topic i'm debating is the premise, "Is it ok to kill another human willingly?" because regardless of whether you want to say it's part of the woman's body it is still a separate under-developed human.

To you're questions. Accountability is important but i'm not implying that the person must raise the child as a punishment for the sex. I'm simply saying that they're are many ways to prevent pregnancy, why should we add the issue of such controversy as well? I'm not referring to all women and saying that they are all irresponsible. I'm specifying a group of women who willingly have unprotected sex, get pregnant, and then get an abortion. That seems like a dodge to accountability to me, which I realize when it comes to legality, is almost a useless concept. Should people be punished for recreational sex? No, i'd be severely pissed off if so. I feel that you can be smart about it though and that if abortion were an option to the individual it should be more about morality and overall good for each human life, not an excuse. Does that mean accidents don't happen and condoms don't fuck up every now and then, of course not, in those instances I understand the viewpoint and I have no outcry against such choice.

Once again, my question is, "Is it moral to willingly kill/terminate another human being regardless of development status?" Miscarriages have zero relevance to my question because there is no willingness in the act. My own personal objections to abortion are only in the instances where a woman willingly has unprotected sex, expects to not get pregnant and then when she does, has an abortion for the simple reason of "I don't want a kid at the moment."
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion! Simon Moon 65 5277 July 31, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Be consistent GOP.....Abortion..... Brian37 14 5128 December 1, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Abortion is love robvalue 308 53412 October 10, 2015 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Abortion and Women's Rights Tea Earl Grey Hot 248 58602 June 10, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: John V
Question What's the best way to shut up a theist? Zidneya 97 23601 May 3, 2014 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  What's the best way to shut up a Presuppositionalist? Rampant.A.I. 38 7287 April 30, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  At which point can a state shut down and forbid a religion? Something completely different 11 4728 September 21, 2013 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Davidthegoliath
  What is your alternative to abortion? Something completely different 182 58895 April 27, 2013 at 10:00 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Woman suffering miscarriage denied abortion and dies of blood poisoning in Ireland LarissaAnn 20 10417 November 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Jaysus effin' Christ!! Santorum on abortion due to rape LarissaAnn 54 23658 January 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B