Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 8:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a question about noah's flood.
RE: I have a question about noah's flood.
You have to be mentally deranged to believe in such utter nonsense.
(September 23, 2013 at 3:19 am)FallentoReason Wrote: What I've always wanted to know is... how did humanity re-populate again from Noah's family inbreeding?

Everything with nostrils did, apparently.

What I want to know is what did the lions eat whilst they were waiting for the gnu's to breed?
(September 23, 2013 at 4:04 am)max-greece Wrote:
(September 23, 2013 at 3:19 am)FallentoReason Wrote: What I've always wanted to know is... how did humanity re-populate again from Noah's family inbreeding?

Everything with nostrils did, apparently.

What I want to know is what did the lions eat whilst they were waiting for the gnu's to breed?

I'd also like to know which species (animals/plants) went extinct because Noah + friends wanted to nibble on something.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
Funny thing is that the humans and animals had to carry all of the diseases that have ever existed, (They don't evolve you know.) Those lions carried all of the lion diseases, and Noah and his family were one hellava sick family to have to take care of so many animals.
Find the cure for Fundementia!

News just in. Genetics shows there is no bottleneck in our genetic heritage dating back less than 6,000 years ago.

Draw your own conclusions.

There is evidence of a genetic bottleneck some 60,000 years ago where it appears we very nearly went extinct but other than that - nothing.
(September 23, 2013 at 6:39 am)Brakeman Wrote: Funny thing is that the humans and animals had to carry all of the diseases that have ever existed, (They don't evolve you know.) Those lions carried all of the lion diseases, and Noah and his family were one hellava sick family to have to take care of so many animals.

Evil spirits dude (Luke 13:11)! The bible has diseases covered, I'm afraid.
(September 23, 2013 at 8:40 am)max-greece Wrote:

News just in. Genetics shows there is no bottleneck in our genetic heritage dating back less than 6,000 years ago.

Draw your own conclusions.

There is evidence of a genetic bottleneck some 60,000 years ago where it appears we very nearly went extinct but other than that - nothing.

I was just thinking about this after getting off the computer!!! I believe we have a fresh new argument here, which actually ties in with the claim by creationists that biology allegedly points to one male and female (A&E of course) as the beginning of humankind. It's too late at night for me to write a well thought out syllogism, but basically the way I see it, if we take the Bible literally then creationists will be tying themselves into knots:

creationists claim that biology allegedly points to one male and female (A&E of course) as the ancestors of all humans. Our first contradiction here would be that biology wouldn't be capable of genetically seeing past Noah's dirty inbreeding, as that period of time represents by far the most extreme bottleneck biology would have seen. But yet, creationists insist that biology somehow gets through the most severe bottleneck of all history and leads us to A&E. Therefore, their *own* claim that biology somehow points to A&E but fails to recognise the bottleneck during Noah's time leads them to shooting themselves on the foot. The only question is which foot do they want to shoot(?):

(1) The claim that biology points to A&E is actually bogus, but it might be possible for it to point to Noah + family as the next source for humans that have lived the few past millenia.

(2) The claim that biology points to A&E is accurate, meaning that the story of Noah is bogus as there is no apparent bottleneck during his time.

Either way, something isn't right, which is of course nothing new in the world of superstition.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(September 23, 2013 at 2:58 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Which leads to the question of why did god even allow those babies to be conceived?

Because, as the pro-life crowd likes to point out, all babies are precious gifts from God. However, once they're born, fuck 'em.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 23, 2013 at 8:46 am)Airyaman Wrote:
(September 23, 2013 at 6:39 am)Brakeman Wrote: Funny thing is that the humans and animals had to carry all of the diseases that have ever existed, (They don't evolve you know.) Those lions carried all of the lion diseases, and Noah and his family were one hellava sick family to have to take care of so many animals.

Evil spirits dude (Luke 13:11)! The bible has diseases covered, I'm afraid.

Good point....I've always wondered why creatards make such a stink about evolution but have no desire to teach "driving out demons" in medical schools? As I recall, fucking jesus had almost nothing to say about creationism but he was always driving out demons somewhere or other. I never understood the rationale for the jesus freaks worrying so much about genesis.

What do you think?
(September 23, 2013 at 2:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(September 23, 2013 at 8:46 am)Airyaman Wrote: Evil spirits dude (Luke 13:11)! The bible has diseases covered, I'm afraid.

Good point....I've always wondered why creatards make such a stink about evolution but have no desire to teach "driving out demons" in medical schools? As I recall, fucking jesus had almost nothing to say about creationism but he was always driving out demons somewhere or other. I never understood the rationale for the jesus freaks worrying so much about genesis.

What do you think?
I think creationists are ridiculous enough and do not need any more ideas
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did they really find Noah's Ark? Jasper 19 1600 May 25, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So Noah had crab lice Fake Messiah 0 537 July 18, 2021 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Noah and animals AniKoferBo 52 3403 January 28, 2021 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: no one
  I have a question about religious parents Der/die AtheistIn 22 3766 January 25, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Noah's Ark (!) Shows How Seaworthy It Is In A Storm Minimalist 68 13581 January 10, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Noah's Ark water stored underground? Socratic Meth Head 17 3305 June 14, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  A question about the flood myth, baraminology, and Pangaea RobbyPants 153 18696 February 29, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  A question for those who believe in noahs flood Lemonvariable72 13 3658 July 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Noah's Flood vs Japan? Duke Guilmon 10 6472 June 21, 2014 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Literal belief in the flood story RobbyPants 157 40251 May 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants