Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
(September 9, 2017 at 8:57 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
(September 9, 2017 at 7:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I feel knocked the fuck out by the cold I caught.

There goes my weekend.

Colds suck. They must be one of the shittiest illnesses because they make you feel terrible even though they don't last very long, but you get them all the time.

It's really just a minor thing.  I wanted to go watch IT so badly but I don't want to go and spread what I've got, coughing and sneezing over everyone elses popcorn or whatever.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Shitty last few days. Urgh...
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Somber. Today is 9/11 for those who have forgotten due to earthquakes, hurricanes and forest fires. Taking a moment to pause at 8:47am to remember those lives lost in NY City, at the Pentagon and in PA (not far from where I live, actually) on this date 16 years ago.

Do you remember what you were doing or where you were when you first found out?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
A gal I had over woke me up. I didn't have TV so I turned on the radio and went to read the news online, then went to the bar around the corner to watch the events there. At the time I lived right off the main gate of Naval Base Ventura County, and it was surreal watching the security measures go up and the traffic on Pleasant Valley road back up.

(September 11, 2017 at 7:31 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Somber. Today is 9/11 for those who have forgotten due to earthquakes, hurricanes and forest fires. Taking a moment to pause at 8:47am to remember those lives lost in NY City, at the Pentagon and in PA (not far from where I live, actually) on this date 16 years ago.

I literally just woke up to my radio alarm (6am on the west coast) and the host of whatever morning show was going on was saying something to the effect of "If you're just tuning in, a plane has hit the World Trade Center in New York City... wait... we just got reports of a second plane hitting the towers..."  I was getting out of bed to go turn on the news when my dad came downstairs to wake my sister and me up and said something was going on.

By the time I got to school the first tower had collapsed.

We didn't do anything that day; we basically just sat and watched the news for an hour, got up when class ended and moved to the next class, sat and watched the news for an hour...

I remember going to bed that night with the radio on and someone had called in to request Garth Brooks' The Dance and that's when I cried.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(September 11, 2017 at 7:31 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Somber. Today is 9/11 for those who have forgotten due to earthquakes, hurricanes and forest fires. Taking a moment to pause at 8:47am to remember those lives lost in NY City, at the Pentagon and in PA (not far from where I live, actually) on this date 16 years ago.

Despite being in the UK.... I remember I was listening to a NOW DANCE millennium CD and my parents shouted me downstairs to talk to me about it and what had been on the news and how sad it was.

I was just thinking this year I've not heard much about the significance of 9 11, but then I realized it's just because I've been in bed ill, plus I watch youtube videos instead of normal television now.  They used to have a few documentaries on each year around the 9 11 date.

I was in a bass guitar lesson with a group of others.  The teacher got a text on his phone and when he described it to us I was picturing a small two man plane going into some radio tower or something.  I got home a couple of hours later and saw all the crazy footage on tv.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I do. My (now ex-)wife was 4 months pregnant with our son, I had woken early for some reason or another, and sat down at my PC to read the news. The earliest reports were that an aircraft had struck the WTC, there was speculation at the time that it might be a small aircraft, I though that the story was interesting and so started actively following developments both online and on various TV news networks. Later we would learn that this was actually a Boeing 767 - American Airlines flight 11 out of Boston.

As I recall, there was a lot of confusion in the news over this report, when another 767 - we would later learn this was United Airlines flight 175 out of Boston - struck the other tower on live television. It was then that I woke up my former spouse and a short time late, we watched in horror as the two towers fell. I recall at the time thinking that the collapse must have killed many more people than they did. I was grateful to be wrong.

At some point during the day we learned the fate of the other two hijacked aircraft.

The rest of the day is hazy. I remember going to work, there was a television on in one of the conference rooms. I don't think very much work got done that day. I lapsed into a long depression, I went to work, I binged watched cable news, and not much else, up until when my son was born nearly six months later.
I'm feeling pretty good.  I forgot to tally up the number of pushups that I had completed in yesterday's pushup (20 step pyramid) and calisthenic workout (I'm keeping a training journal).  However, I just finished my tally, and I got in 434 pushups (I try to use the best form that I can: lowering my body so that the back of my upper arms are parallel to the ground and locking out at the top once a repetition is completed).

Great. I imagine. (same difference? Am I starting to get it? CIJS?).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 328 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 722 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 670 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1518 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2364 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12934 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 837 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2880 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8603 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6418 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet