Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 2:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(September 21, 2017 at 6:43 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: CIJS -

Insurance fraud is a serious thing and you just got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
CIJS, etc.

They're your bloody kids, why aren't you controlling them? Instead they're running around, screaming, and getting under everyone's' feet while they're trying to shop.

Control 'em, or lose 'em!
Dying to live, living to die.
CIJS

How are you even in my "people you may know"? We don't have friends in common. I knew who you were the moment I saw your face. I didn't need to dig too much to confirm it was you. My heart isn't really listening to my brain. In my head I'm thinking... We've grown out of this. It's gone. We're ok. You're safe now anyway. I shouldn't dwell. I've gotten so much better. Don't take a look. Stop it.

My heart is racing. I'm six again. I'm seven again. I'm eight again. There's that door again. I should do something again. It's my fault.

My head... in my head I know I was just about my son's age. He's a baby. How could he ever be at fault of anything? But in my heart I'm so sorry I didn't save you. Hey... I'm so fucking sorry. I'm eternally sorry. I can't stop being sorry.

Hey, there's not a day that goes by that I don't live with guilt. There's not a day that goes by that I don't feel the heaviness of your face, your tears, your voice. And it's true that I paid with my own scars, but hey, look... I wish I had called for help. I wish I had been smarter. I wish I had been wiser. I wish I had been brave.

I'm looking at your face in the book of faces and want to reach out, can't reach out, should reach out, will not reach out...

I don't know where you are standing, but I was just beginning to walk away from that door, and now you're here, and I'm back to standing still. If you see me, too, I hope you can see it in my face. I'm still so sorry. I should have been your hero. I should have changed our now. I didn't know. I was scared. I'm sorry.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(September 21, 2017 at 10:54 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: CIJS, etc.

They're your bloody kids, why aren't you controlling them?  Instead they're running around, screaming, and getting under everyone's' feet while they're trying to shop.

OMG I absolutely hate that! Or worse... when you're trying to eat and you've got a family a few tables over and they are just letting their kids scream and cry and they aren't even trying to diffuse that situation. Take your kids outside or to the bathroom for that shit. 

Four kids and only once have I ever had a situation where any of them did any of that shit. It was in a grocery store and it was with S. She threw her first and last tantrum. That shit got de-escalated by me rather quickly. Since then nothing of the sort has ever happened with any of them.  They know I'd be pissed. 

Employing the "Pre-WalMart speech" is rather effective. Even on teenagers.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I hate when small children run around to their own devices in a big supermarket and their parents have their backs to them and aren't even watching. I always think to myself "What if a kidnapper was here? Any normal parent would worry about that stuff."
(September 22, 2017 at 2:44 am)J a c k Wrote: CIJS

How are you even in my "people you may know"? We don't have friends in common. I knew who you were the moment I saw your face. I didn't need to dig too much to confirm it was you. My heart isn't really listening to my brain. In my head I'm thinking... We've grown out of this. It's gone. We're ok. You're safe now anyway. I shouldn't dwell. I've gotten so much better. Don't take a look. Stop it.

My heart is racing. I'm six again. I'm seven again. I'm eight again. There's that door again. I should do something again. It's my fault.

My head... in my head I know I was just about my son's age. He's a baby. How could he ever be at fault of anything? But in my heart I'm so sorry I didn't save you. Hey... I'm so fucking sorry. I'm eternally sorry. I can't stop being sorry.

Hey, there's not a day that goes by that I don't live with guilt. There's not a day that goes by that I don't feel the heaviness of your face, your tears, your voice. And it's true that I paid with my own scars, but hey, look... I wish I had called for help. I wish I had been smarter. I wish I had been wiser. I wish I had been brave.

I'm looking at your face in the book of faces and want to reach out, can't reach out, should reach out, will not reach out...

I don't know where you are standing, but I was just beginning to walk away from that door, and now you're here, and I'm back to standing still. If you see me, too, I hope you can see it in my face. I'm still so sorry. I should have been your hero. I should have changed our now. I didn't know. I was scared. I'm sorry.
You're a good person, Ivy.

*hugs*

They're your bloody kids, why aren't you controlling them?  Instead they're running around, screaming, and getting under everyone's' feet while they're trying to shop.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, minding my own business, picking peppers like I'm peter piper, and this kid (3yrs?) who was mentally checked out just walked straight into my cart (buggy?). Then he starts to cry and the parents shoots daggers my way like it was my fault for not watching him when they couldn't be bothered. I just smirked and shook my head.

I rarely have any idea of what you're talking about but always enjoy reading it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 22, 2017 at 7:27 am)mh.brewer Wrote:

I was at the grocery store yesterday, minding my own business, picking peppers like I'm peter piper, and this kid (3yrs?) who was mentally checked out just walked straight into my cart (buggy?). Then he starts to cry and the parents shoots daggers my way like it was my fault for not watching him when they couldn't be bothered. I just smirked and shook my head.

I hate being around other people’s kids for exactly this reason.

My feet/legs are incredibly sensitive. I’m also pretty fragile. So if some kid barrels into me, I’m likely going to be hurt in the exchange as well.
(September 22, 2017 at 7:27 am)mh.brewer Wrote:

I rarely have any idea of what you're talking about but always enjoy reading it.

I think I get some idea. Her posts are always so raw and honest. I always feel doubtful about liking a post when someone is in pain. I don't like that they're in pain, obviously.
(September 22, 2017 at 4:04 am)Nymphadora Wrote:

OMG I absolutely hate that! Or worse... when you're trying to eat and you've got a family a few tables over and they are just letting their kids scream and cry and they aren't even trying to diffuse that situation. Take your kids outside or to the bathroom for that shit. 

Four kids and only once have I ever had a situation where any of them did any of that shit. It was in a grocery store and it was with S. She threw her first and last tantrum. That shit got de-escalated by me rather quickly. Since then nothing of the sort has ever happened with any of them.  They know I'd be pissed. 

Employing the "Pre-WalMart speech" is rather effective. Even on teenagers.

Ha!

I read Valk's post last night and just assumed it was Joods.

* SteelCurtain turns nose up

This kind of thing doesn't happen in Target. Especially here in TN where all the moms are afraid their kids will get turned into Transgenders.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 959 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1236 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 484 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama