Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 6:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS,

In my journey of self-learning (specifically mathematics), I've come to embrace the notion that one person's recommendation may have done wonders for him or her because he or she possessed particular knowledge or insight which made that resource accessible and effective; however, this will not necessarily be the case for other people.  In the absence of a teacher, it is necessary to acquire multiple resources, as different people will have cool, concise ways of breaking down and explaining complex ideas that will work better for you than for others.  Hence, IMO, to be a successful self-learner, it is absolutely vital to have the persistence and inquisitiveness to find the resources that fire the imagination and stimulate the curiosity and wonder that got you interested in the subject in the first place.

Carrying on eating hot pizza when it's just burnt the roof of your mouth isn't good practice. A hot piece of ham stuck to your chin by cheese is also unpleasant.
I should really of waited for the pizza to cool down, but I'm so greedy I didn't want anyone else to have any.

Also I need to work on my ' If you eat that piece it won't bother me face'
(October 30, 2017 at 5:27 pm)Cod Wrote: A hot piece of ham stuck to your chin by cheese is also unpleasant.

Unless you like a hot piece of me hanging on there on your cheesy chin that is Razz
CIJS

Asking people to not depend on you is no solution for your undependability.
CIJS: readers suck, suck, suck!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
CIJS:

Quote:What does a man with a two foot cock have for breakfast? Well, this morning I had a boiled egg.
I’ve always loved to hear you say the things I usually hate to hear people say. I love when you say worser and onliest, I love when you say “what the world” instead of “what in the world”, heckin and the weird way you pronounce barrel. But today you said n*gger. I literally flinched. I was so shocked that I didn’t know what to say or do. I am not okay with this. I won’t have my children around people who talk or think the way you have to think to say a word like that. It’s sad because I really liked you for some reason but now I feel like our friendship is ruined. We are going to have a long talk about why I think it’s so wrong to use that word, but even if you end up agreeing with me I just don’t know if I can look at you the same anymore.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
The USA, the place where the use of specific words automatically categorizes you. Ahhh...
(November 3, 2017 at 3:14 am)pocaracas Wrote: The USA, the place where the use of specific words automatically categorizes you. Ahhh...

Perhaps it is because those specific words are especially offensive to specific groups. To think they aren't only minimizes or invalidates the reason why those words are offensive.
In this country, there is a vast amount of ethnicities - people from all different backgrounds. Truly we are the Great American Melting Pot. Certain words are used to negatively single out specific groups with the intent to insult or cause harm. So yeah, those words are going to be offensive.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 3, 2017 at 6:02 am)Joods Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 3:14 am)pocaracas Wrote: The USA, the place where the use of specific words automatically categorizes you. Ahhh...

Perhaps it is because those specific words are especially offensive to specific groups. To think they aren't only minimizes or invalidates the reason why those words are offensive.
In this country, there is a vast amount of ethnicities - people from all different backgrounds. Truly we are the Great American Melting Pot. Certain words are used to negatively single out specific groups with the intent to insult or cause harm. So yeah, those words are going to be offensive.

And the more you single them out, the more insulting and offensive the words become.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 959 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1237 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 485 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama