Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(February 24, 2018 at 3:22 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: See, I can't be lazy at work unless all the work is done.

I'm honestly getting too old for all this crap; therefore, I figure the best way to beat them is to play by their rules. When things don't get done during my shift, because we're both being lazy, they'll have no one to blame but themselves and hopefully fresh perspective will be imparted.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(February 24, 2018 at 3:17 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(February 24, 2018 at 3:06 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I've been there before. IDK what to tell you. It's bullshit. I've never been able to get anywhere in situations like that. Hang in there, man.

I suppose my safest bet is to start being as lazy as them.

A picture/video is worth a thousand words. Especially to management.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 24, 2018 at 4:13 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: A picture/video is worth a thousand words. Especially to management.

The manager has already shown and said she doesn't care, placing all the blame on me for complaining that others are lazy while I do the brunt of the work. When I have a line of customers, It's okay for the manager and the other, younger employee to stay in the back and chat. Let that boy get just one extra customer behind the one he's helping, and the manager will have me stop doing what I'm doing to help him.

There are security cameras throughout the store, and I am certain the district manager is aware of the laziness going on. I am wondering if I should go over the manager's head, since the manager specifically said the other employees can do whatever they want and I should only focus on myself.
~ Erin Hunter
(February 24, 2018 at 4:26 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(February 24, 2018 at 4:13 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: A picture/video is worth a thousand words. Especially to management.

The manager has already shown and said she doesn't care, placing all the blame on me for complaining that others are lazy while I do the brunt of the work.  When I have a line of customers, It's okay for the manager and the other, younger employee to stay in the back and chat.  Let that boy get just one extra customer behind the one he's helping, and the manager will have me stop doing what I'm doing to help him.

There are security cameras throughout the store, and I am certain the district manager is aware of the laziness going on.  I am wondering if I should go over the manager's head, since the manager specifically said the other employees can do whatever they want and I should only focus on myself.

That depends on what the job is worth to you.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 24, 2018 at 6:06 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: That depends on what the job is worth to you.

I can always get another job. I don't deserve to be treated the way I am there, working while their little clique acts like the establishment is a hangout instead of a place of work.
~ Erin Hunter
(February 20, 2018 at 5:10 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Yes, Wawa has damned good coffee. And the single BEST food item in all of human history....The Sweet Cream Cheese Stuffed Pretzel. 
Pretty sure there's crack in it.

[Image: thumb_600.jpg?1383446192]

You live close to MD.... have you tried a crab pretzel? I'm sure crack is in there as well. 

Best. Bar. Food. In. History.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 25, 2018 at 3:12 am)Joods Wrote: You live close to MD.... have you tried a crab pretzel? I'm sure crack is in there as well. 

In going full Forrest, I've had snow crab, stone crab, blue crab, stuffed crab, cramp Imperial, crab wontons, crab salad, and a host of crab soups....but never a crab pretzel. Never heard of it.

Googled it, and it looks damned pretty good though. I'll have to add that to my to-try list.

Haven't gotten around to trying soft-shell crab either, come to think of it. I'd love to try one. Getting past the giant, fried BUG appearance should be easy enough for a country gal who cooks the world's best turkey necks...lol.
CIJS,

Silence is not the solution, because then the problems merely persist.
~ Erin Hunter
(February 25, 2018 at 7:04 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(February 25, 2018 at 3:12 am)Joods Wrote: You live close to MD.... have you tried a crab pretzel? I'm sure crack is in there as well. 

In going full Forrest, I've had snow crab, stone crab, blue crab, stuffed crab, cramp Imperial, crab wontons, crab salad, and a host of crab soups....but never a crab pretzel. Never heard of it.

Googled it, and it looks damned pretty good though. I'll have to add that to my to-try list.

Haven't gotten around to trying soft-shell crab either, come to think of it. I'd love to try one. Getting past the giant, fried BUG appearance should be easy enough for a country gal who cooks the world's best turkey necks...lol.

Being a Native Marylander - I have to admit, I've never had a soft shell before. Totally not interested at all. That looks gross. It's even weirder when they make a sandwich out of one. 

But the crab pretzel? I can and do make those. Usually, after I've eaten my fill out of a bushel, I will sit in front of the tv and pick the lump crab meat from the uneaten crabs. I'll end up with a huge amount left over. I make crab cakes, cream of crab soup and of course, crab pretzels. 

I think it's also some sort of requirement for anyone living in Maryland to have some Old Bay on hand. Me? I have a few containers of the stuff. Goes great on grilled corn on the cob and French fries as well.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 25, 2018 at 10:05 am)Joods Wrote: Being a Native Marylander - I have to admit, I've never had a soft shell before. Totally not interested at all. That looks gross. It's even weirder when they make a sandwich out of one. 

But the crab pretzel? I can and do make those. Usually, after I've eaten my fill out of a bushel, I will sit in front of the tv and pick the lump crab meat from the uneaten crabs. I'll end up with a huge amount left over. I make crab cakes, cream of crab soup and of course, crab pretzels. 

I think it's also some sort of requirement for anyone living in Maryland to have some Old Bay on hand. Me? I have a few containers of the stuff. Goes great on grilled corn on the cob and French fries as well.

I give Maryland crab soup a definite edge over She-crab soup, though Crab & Corn chowder is my favorite.
They're all good though. I'm just crazy for soup, tbh.

And yeah, you're likely to find a rusty-ass can of Old Bay in many folks' cabinets in this neck of the woods....I've got my mine back there somewhere.
Seems to be the case in NC around Pasqotank County and the Outer Banks when I go visiting folks there as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 958 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1235 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 483 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama