Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you cooking/eating right now?
RE: What are you cooking/eating right now?
I also have a large capacity food processor with a two sided disc. One side slices, the other side shreds. It also has a separate chopping blade. Suction cups on the bottom helps it stay put on the counter. I use it quite often - twice a week or more.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 5, 2016 at 11:00 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: I'm on my second stand mixer. I'd love to get one of the expensive ones, but the one I have does nicely. It's a Sunbeam. Red. 12 speed.

I bought a red KitchenAid Artisan, it was on sale -and- I had a 20% off one item coupon w/free shipping. What sold me on this one was all the available accessories like the meat grinder. I'm just thrilled I'll never have to destroy my wrist and elbow making batter or dough again unless I really want to.
I would love a KitchenAid mixer. That and a true Baker's scale.

True fact: the weight of flour is heavier in the summer than in the winter so a cup of flour will weigh more depending upon the amount of humidity in the air. This is a big reason why family recipes made primarily in the winter, will taste differently than when made in the summer.

I still have my textbook from pastry arts school 15 years ago, but I can't make many of the recipes in it because all dry ingredients are weighed out instead of measured.

A good, high quality baker's scale will run upwards of $300 or more.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Well...I did not have a loaf pan for the bread so I shaped it and put it on my large baking stone.
We'll see how it turns out in about 40 minutes.
How'd that turn out?

Anyone have any idea how to do something amazing, delicious, and healthy with ground turkey or chicken?

I'm going to be making a chicken marsala here in a bit.
I'm eating a biscuit.
(August 6, 2016 at 6:25 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I'm eating a biscuit.

Just finished a cup of tea with cookies.  (I prefer my biscuits with gravy.)   Tongue
For now I'm having a lunch of avocado lime salad and a honeycrisp apple.
(August 6, 2016 at 6:25 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: How'd that turn out?

Anyone have any idea how to do something amazing, delicious, and healthy with ground turkey or chicken?

I'm going to be making a chicken marsala here in a bit.

So my favorite thing to do with ground turkey is a turkey burger, protein style.

Roll the ground turkey with fresh garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and fresh parlsey.

Pan fry with a teaspoon of coconut oil. (olive oil will substitute)

Instead of bread, use two Romaine leaves.
Drizzle with a tiny bit of tangy or spicy barbecue sauce.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hmmm that could be good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooking vs Restaurants Spongebob 107 6149 September 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 2027 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3944 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 3342 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2775 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1163 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64852 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1283 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5386 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You once hated it, but now.... Foxaèr 27 3530 April 16, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: emjay